NY Diver drowned yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I know nothing about this, put the facts out. It's an open forum as long as it doesn't go political.

So I know nothing about this, put the facts out. It's an open forum as long as it doesn't go political.
The facts are not facts until presented to the court. This one isn’t going to court, so facts will not be known.

Remember when Wes Skiles died? It was a terrible rebreather accident until the facts were presented to a judge. The facts were that it wasn’t a terrible rebreather accident, it was far sadder. Facts are funny things, and rarely found in online forums, and even those with the full story don’t always have the facts....

The A&I thread is mostly mental masterbation. Use it to learn lessons, not to discover truth. One lesson might have to do with choosing dive team members. Another might be understanding your personal limits.

Am I reading this right? A member of their dive party goes missing. They believe he's "not coming up".

The casually pack up their gear, without advising anyone of their missing buddy, and plan on returning the next day to have a looky-look?

Pardon my French, but that's f*6&32-up.

Or am I missing something?

Am I reading this right? A member of their dive party goes missing. They believe he's "not coming up".

The casually pack up their gear, without advising anyone of their missing buddy, and plan on returning the next day to have a looky-look?

Pardon my French, but that's f*6&32-up.

Or am I missing something?

That's how I read it.

Dang. That is messed up.

I don't care how great those people supposedly were. If they didn't call 911, looks weird as heck, at minimum.

Back
Top Bottom