NY Bombings..thoughts from Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hocky

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys

I don't know what to say. We have been sitting up since midnight watching the devistation that has hit NY and we ourselves are devistated.

I have seen people in the streets here in Sydney crying, and our lives have been altered forever by this cowardly act.Our thoughts and prayers go out to all who perished and those who are involved in the rescue opperation. This isn't just an American tragidy,It's global and it has effected us all.

Our thoughts are with you.

Sadly

Hocky

Hocky, Thank you for your words. I just hope they are still there when this tiger that got grabbed by the tail unleashes on them. I dont think it will be short or sweet. It will have to be very devistating to have any effect on them. I believe many innocent people are going to die on both sides. I believe things have been escalting for a long time and this is just one more step.
God Bless!

I am also with you guys.

You are our neighbours and we feel everything that happens to you more so than other countries. I think.

You have our moral support towards any (hopefully lethal and unprecedented) retaliation you take.

bless you

ali

It just doesn't get any worse.

It's been days now and we here in Australia still feel drained, hurt, exhausted and repulsed by what we witness on our tv screens on an hourly basis. Seeing the rescue opperation taking place, and watching those poor people looking for their loved ones just tears us apart.

My wife and I watched everything we could for the first 24 hours, just trying to absorb what had happened and get a feeling for why this happened. Who would do such a horrible thing? Sadly the following day I couldn't bring myself to watch, it was too depressing. And thats from here, the other side of the world, I can only imagine what you are going through there.

As you pointed out there will undoubtably be repercussions but you know what....I don't want to see it. Life is just too short and there is just too much out there to see and appreciate for this kin of stuff to be happening.

Sadly as a race we just never evolve, seems to me that we just find more advanced ways of killing each other.

Hocky

I will be returning to NZ tomorrow,Toronto Airport permitting but have appreciated being over here while it happened.I have seen great dignity,compassion,selflessness
,heroism,greatness of spirit and the sight of people identifying and standing with complete strangers simply because we are all a part of humanity.We may have seen the worst of humanity,but we have seen the best shine far brighter.As to the retribution? They that live by the sword must be prepared to die by that same sword,so that this sort of thing doesn't happen again.If it is Bin Laden,then he has been issued with too many "get out of jail free cards" after Beruit,Lebanon,Africa,'93 WTC,The USS Cole and now this.Enough is enough.There is,understanably,alot of anger at the moment and people are speaking out of anger and a sense of helplessness as they are still struggling to come to grips with the unimaginable;as have I.But most people will want to see Justice done and the guilty to be punished.Not because they are blood-thirsty,but because it is right.The perpetrators of this have placed themselves outside of the law,but the nations of the world 'will' bring them back into it's boundaries....Whether they like it or not.Just keep praying and celebrate with Tony as all his relatives and family have been accounted for.I hear that there are Aussies unaccounted for.Have they been found safe yet?
Greg.

Hey Greg

Some have been accounted for but the majority have not. Thats not to say that they won't be but things being as nuts as they are it may still take time.

Fingers crossed mate

Hocky

It's folks like Hocky & Greg that let us know that the world is not an evil place. There are pockets of hate, but all in all people everywhere can tell good from evil. I've lived in the Middle East and not once was I met with hate. These guys would be aberrant in any society. Our prayers here also go out to the victims families in the 40 other countries effected by this crime against humanity.

Thank you Hocky. I have had a friend since I was 18, from Queensland, and she emailed me right away, to express her concern.
I know the people of your country and many others feel our pain. It helps to know we're not alone.
:sunny:

Back
Top Bottom