NW Grateful Diver contact information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else Northwestdiver just doubled its membership.

thanks Rick. That did not occur to me.

Dang, Bob's one of the few posters that would put up with me. Sortta'.

I have known Bob since he was a guppy in the scuba world just out of his first YMCA openwater class, He has come a long way and learned much in his few short years of diving and I can tell you he is a very fair minded individule who won't let much bother him for very long. He will most likely be back all of his own accord.

I'll give you 8 to 5 odds he'll be back. You can't keep a good man down.

I just assumed he was taking a sabbatical. I've NEVER seen him come up on the short end of a discussion here at SB so I'm puzzled.

And bummed...

I'm bummed too, as most of you saw, I recently joined. I took Bob up on his offer to meet and discuss diving in the PNW, he had me down to his place on Tuesday evening. I showed up, there was a pizza in the oven, he and Snowbear were hanging out, and he took the better part of his evening answering questions and orienting me . . . even cut me a hell of a deal on a dry suit. To open up his house like that to a total stranger says a lot about him.

A patient, knowledgable, class act. He's taking me diving soon, and I am already very grateful (no pun intended) for his hospitality.

People of his kind are rare these days.

Here is another thread about Bob. Many of us have posted there as well. It seems somber and almost like he has died... I'm lucky I get to go diving with him whenever I can. There are lots of folks who can't and thus his presence here will be missed.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=133479

Hank - I hope you are right. I hope he will be back. Only Bob will determine that.

Gee bummer. I will miss Bob, he was a sane voice of reason and knowledge, his many words helped me understand diving in lots of ways.

I will miss his style. I hope he realizes how much of a mentor he has been to many divers he will never get to meet. I hope you find your way back to ScubaBoard at some point Bob.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom