NSS-CDS Board of Directors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried signing up for membership on their website back when this thread was started. Never was able to make it work, so I gave up.

I tried signing up for membership on their website back when this thread was started. Never was able to make it work, so I gave up.

GIve the equivalent money to the North Florida Springs Alliance. It will be better used. If your goal is to dive Cow, it sure doesn't seem anybody cares to check if you are a member.

I’ll fund a coup if you want. It’ll take a few years, but we could exact some positive change. :)
How many people actually vote do you think? A couple hundred at most?
I'm in.

I'm not a cave diver, but ever since I moved to Chicago (in '96) I've been waiting for someone to offer to buy my vote.

:cheers: (illustration of the traditional price)

Looking at the statements, I think someone like Dene would be a good person to have on the board. As an outsider looking in, the IT side seems to be a major issue, and having an board member that can properly manage as the liaison between the BOD and outside contractors (as the board members shouldn't be doing this work themselves) might be a good idea.

Looking at the statements, I think someone like Dene would be a good person to have on the board. As an outsider looking in, the IT side seems to be a major issue, and having an board member that can properly manage as the liaison between the BOD and outside contractors (as the board members shouldn't be doing this work themselves) might be a good idea.

dene’s a nice guy. If I was able to vote I would go with Charlie, Andy, and Dene

I attempted to join NSS-CDS on January 1, 2021 as I'm getting back into cave diving. Back in the early 2000s, I was a NACD member. The first day of this year, I purchased a NSS-CDS regular membership for $20 plus a black t-shirt for $20. On January 19, the shirt hadn't shipped yet and my membership status said "There is no content assigned to this membership." I contacted Adam. He said he would "look into it and get back with you shortly." He didn't. I followed up on January 25. He again replied right away saying, "I am surprised to hear this hasn't arrived yet. I will look into and get back to you shortly." Again, no follow up. On February 2, I again emailed Adam while also copying Renee, Joe Citelli, and Brett Florian. That finally spurred some action although not what I was seeking. Rather than processing the membership and shipping the shirt, instead my entire $40 was refunded with an apology and a promise from Adam that, "I will still mail out the shirt you ordered, tonight. we will also comp a full year membership for you." The shirt never shipped. When I log onto the website, my membership status now says, "Cancelled." I have all this documented by email for anyone who cares to see it.

I have a masters degree in public administration. I currently manage a non-profit organization with 23,000 members. Ten years ago, the organization was at 2,100 disgruntled members when its Board asked me to step in and resolve its issues. So I have quite a bit of experience with non-profit administration. There's a two-fold problem with NSS-CDS. The first is with management not following through and using the promise of comp'd memberships to try and placate upset divers. That's not good for the organization. The larger problem is the lack of oversight by the current board. That often happens within organizations when popular figures who don't have the drive for change are in power. It kills organizations.

I'm on the membership list that Ken posted here. But am I actually a member of NSS-CDS? My dues were refunded. I'm receiving no communication from the organization. Despite Adam's promise of a comp'd membership, no membership information has been provided to me such as a member number online. I'd love to be a part of this organization. But it would be insane for me to renew on January 1, 2022.

The membership renewal issues are known by everybody, and yet we have Renee seeking reelection with a listed accomplishment of "NSS and CDS renewal more streamlined". To me that shows that this BOD member is out of touch with the general membership.

Of all the candidate's position statements, Sam Le Flore seems to be the only individual who has acknowledged that there is a problem with the membership database and renewal process.

The nomination process is complete and the seven candidates have their platform statements available for your reading.

• March 13th the election starts, and an email with a ballot link will be sent out. If you don’t receive a ballot, please check your membership status with the CDS manager
         May 8th is the last day to vote

         May15th all candidates that have won will be notified

How would we go about asking all the candidates to come in and comment on this thread? @kensuf??? @Capt Jim Wyatt??? Perhaps you could ask them for us? Willingness to chime in with the community on this level would go a long way to make me want to rejoin, much less vote for someone. I don't mind if they have a differing opinion on any aspect, but I would like them to be willing to discuss our concerns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom