NSS-CDS Board of Directors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would definitely open things up, Jim. If it is true, can I pay for someone's membership and then nominate them? :D :D :D I mean, this could be fun! :D :D :D

I missed this. That's a GREAT improvement. When did it change or was I just misinformed?
Has been in the current bylaws for quite awhile.

"B. Qualifications. Directors and candidates must be current members of the NSS-CDS or the CDS in good standing for at least one (1) year prior to being nominated for a directorship. The Training Director and candidates for that directorship must also be current and active NSS-CDS instructors in good standing."

Directors and candidates must be current members of the NSS-CDS or the CDS in good standing for at least one (1) year prior to being nominated for a directorship.
Ah, that's not what you posted. This is in line with what I believed to be true. You have to have been a member for over a year. Good luck with that.

Ah, that's not what you posted. This is in line with what I believed to be true. You have to have been a member for over a year. Good luck with that.

I’ll fund a coup if you want. It’ll take a few years, but we could exact some positive change. :)
How many people actually vote do you think? A couple hundred at most?

Feb 27 is the last day for platform statements.

This was posted on Facebook but I thought I'd also post it here in case you're not on FB.

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NSS-CDS MEMBERSHIP:

Hi everyone,

With the BOD election just around the corner, I would like to double check that our membership roster is 100% accurate and ensure that everyone who has the right to vote will be given that opportunity. I am asking all members to please visit the page linked below, and confirm that you are indeed listed among our currently active members:

Membership Listing as of March 02, 2021 - NSS CDS

If you feel that your name should be listed on this page among the active membership, but is not, please contact via email at cdsmanager@nsscds.org so we can resolve the problem. If possible, please include in the subject line: “Missing from CDS Membership Listing”. I ask that you refrain from commented or contacting me here on FB, and stick to email since that provides it the best chance of getting fixed.

To those of you who would like to join the organization for the first time, or renew an expired membership with the NSS-CDS, you can do so by visiting the link below to sign up and become a member:

Membership Registration - NSS CDS

Once again, I ask that anyone experiencing issues with this to please contact me via email at cdsmanager@nsscds.org. You should not contact the election committee with membership issues as they will not be able to help you, but I certainly can.

Ballots will be going out soon, and unless you are on this list, you will not be receiving one.

Thanks,

Adam Hughes
Operations Manager — with Kelly Jessop

Classic stupid CDS BS. Can't even get the membership straight. I've commented here multiple times how I spent months at a time for 2 years straight emailing back and forth with Adam and other board members about my inability to pay for a lifetime membership. I was tired of the screw ups every year when I wanted to renew and couldn't so thought I'd just avoid the problems with a lifetime family membership. In 2019, I received email responses from board members who then disappeared and dropped the ball communicating with me and trying to fix the issue. When I wanted to dive Cow in 2020 I messaged and emailed back and forth with 3 separate board members for over 3 months trying to get it fixed. I got passed from person to person with no real answer. Finally after a phone call with Adam I was guaranteed I would be given a "free lifetime membership" until the CDS fixed their issues with renewing, at which time they would then accept my money. Not a good solution since I just wanted to pay, but Adam guaranteed my family membership was active and would remain active until they fixed their crap.
Now I look at the list and neither my wife nor I are on it 6 months after that conversation. The CDS has become a sh-tshow of ridiculousness, and is starting to feel like the NACD without the cocaine. I literally no longer want to be a part of the CDS anymore, but the only thing that keeps me onboard is the ability to dive Cow. But even that's not an issue since word on the street is the new owners of Dive Outpost don't look at the list to confirm membership status before handing over keys. This was confirmed by 3 separate divers on multiple trips to Cow. So why should I even care about the CDS when they have had multiple years to fix their problems, and haven't fixed any. I tell people if you're getting cave certified and you have a good instructor who can teach for the CDS and other agencies, ask for a card other than the CDS.
I think it's time the CDS go back to just being a conservation agency, give up on training, and figure out how to fix these ridiculous problems. Hell, even if I wanted to be on the board to try and fix things I coudn't since apparently I'm still not actually a member. There was a time I considered being on the board, but too many people I respect who'd been on the board told me it was pointless since nothing ever gets fixed.
RIP CDS. Maybe focus on doing something positive to protect our springs like the NFSA does.

I’ll fund a coup if you want. It’ll take a few years, but we could exact some positive change. :)
How many people actually vote do you think? A couple hundred at most?
With only 685 total members, it can't be a very large number.

I ran for a board position a few years ago. Pointed out that I lived locally, had good working relationship with SRWMD. Got ridiculed by the good old boys club. Now I keep my membership up only to dive Cow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom