Now what do you really want from a recreational DPV? )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive X-tras powdercoats their scooters -- I've seen them in yellow and in red. I love the red one out of the water, but yellow would probably be more practical, because you can see it better.

QUESTION
Limitations of the materials used for tec units probably causes none of them to sport colors. Exception is Apollo, its ABS hull allows for coloration, BUT WHAT'S THE PERFECT COLOR??
To make it visible under water then I'd say go with yellow.

To give it "tech" appeal, if that's what you're after, then you'll have to go with black, I guess.

I think violet would probably show the least swing in how it looks under water.

All in all, I'd personally go with yellow. Functionality first and all that.

R..

Reminds me of the head-on view of a mig :) It *looks* fast... LOL

R..

Red will look good at the surface and black underwater, unless you illuminate it.

QUESTION
Limitations of the materials used for tec units probably causes none of them to sport colors. Exception is Apollo, its ABS hull allows for coloration, BUT WHAT'S THE PERFECT COLOR??

All black, pure and simple. How about a profile shot?

ALL..
appreciate taking few minutes out for commenting, sure interesting stuff. We're trying to come up with some bad looking wings. Lobstah/ptyx, thanks for your lengthty comments ))), will look at some of these units for sure

QUESTION

how about this example?
Seadoo Seascooter Viper alert!
Definitly yellow with black striping:D

Color I would not care about for me it wouldn't matter. I can see why some would want a bright color though and does make sense. If yout limited on what color due to desighn. Why not incorporate sometime Round Ring of lights (Small LEDS) that use basically no power that go around either the middle/front of the unit. That turn on when throttle is engaged. I think this would help out more then color unless it's not being used. Or you would even have a little switch or wet acivitaion that turns them on. Have 6-10 small leds around the unit

Back
Top Bottom