Now it's time to choose a wrist computer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the Peregrine for you and give your kid whatever computer you had been using? :wink:

I have a few narrowed down that are in my price range.
I can tell the Shearwater Peregrine is very popular but more than I wanna spend.
The Deep 6 seems like the face is rather small. Almost looks to be the size of a standard watch.
I can pick up localy an Oceanic Veo 4, Scubapro Aladin 1 or Sherwood Amphos 2.0.
I'm also looking at a bargain model, the Cressi Giotto with PC Download kit for $260.
I would never suggest any computer using RGBM algorithm.

Old model.

Get the Peregrine for you and give your kid whatever computer you had been using? :wink:
Either way it's an expense I don't wanna make. Especially at Christmas time. Besides, the computer I had been using was 20 yrs old and was a base model when new.

Are you getting a new computer for you too, then? It is nice to have the same computer as your buddy.

As for me, it would depend on budget:
~$200 -- Mares Smart Pro (on sale at Divers Supply right now for $199, not usually sold that cheap)
~$350 -- Aqua Lung i330 (but check -- believe there was a recall at one point) - nice color display
~$500 -- Shearwater Peregrine

Plenty of threads on this issue.

All dive computers are save but.....
So you were just offering a personal opinion that isn't worth backing up. Thanks.

So you were just offering a personal opinion that isn't worth backing up. Thanks.
it's a commonly held belief here. Whether it's true or not is up for debate (or "personal opinion" as you put it), but a main reason people recommend shearwater and the deep 6 computer is that the algorithm is well known, understood, and open source.

The peregrine is the right choice, but if you don't want to spend that much money, then you should just go for a puck pro or something as cheap as possible. It'll work fine and safe for the time being until you inevitably upgrade.

I’m biased but I think the Deep 6 Excursion is hard to beat. It will do basic dives and easily expand as skills develop and dive profiles increase in complexity. My wife (basic diver) likes hers. She and I both wear reading glasses topside but don’t have any problem with the screen.

Back
Top Bottom