November Tip idea - Possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far I have Sbbic Bay and then am planning on Coron. Philippine Air says 10kg max on that route for baggage. Does anyone know about this route? That is a low baggage allowance and it appears excess baggage is not allowed even if paid for.

Look into the safari from Submariner Dive Center which goes form El Nido to Coron. You get to dive a bit of El Nido and some of the great wrecks on a 3 night 4 day safari where you dive (nitrox available) on the boat and sleep along the way in guest houses. You end in Coron and can fly out from there.

I have done that safari and have also dived Puerto Galera and can second the poster who said that PG has better diving, WWII wrecks aside. (Coral, colors, variety of life, density.) I am unfamiliar with conditions in November so you may want to look at both for weather/sea conditions.

So far I have Sbbic Bay and then am planning on Coron. Philippine Air says 10kg max on that route for baggage. Does anyone know about this route? That is a low baggage allowance and it appears excess baggage is not allowed even if paid for.
Try Cebu Pacific.

Thanks everyone for your input so far. Here is what I have booked. I am still researching dive ops and where to stay in Coron so any suggestions are appreciated:

Subic Bay with Arizona International 4 nights
Cebu for a couple nights
Malapascua with Evolution 4 nights (May push it to 5)
Coron 6 nights (Still looking for lodging and dive shop)

I just don't have the time to go to Puerta Galera this time so that is on the must do for the next trip.

Thanks everyone for your input so far. Here is what I have booked. I am still researching dive ops and where to stay in Coron so any suggestions are appreciated:

Subic Bay with Arizona International 4 nights
Cebu for a couple nights
Malapascua with Evolution 4 nights (May push it to 5)
Coron 6 nights (Still looking for lodging and dive shop)

I just don't have the time to go to Puerta Galera this time so that is on the must do for the next trip.

Friends who have been to Malapascua say there isn't much good diving outside of seeing the Threshers and that it isn't worth staying that long there, so maybe 4 should be good enough. For Coron, I was highly recommend Reggae Divers by the local DMs and instructors in El Nido, but I ended up doing a "seafari" from El Nido to Coron with another dive shop so I didn't end up using them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom