November Folks! Who's Going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be at the VB diving with Scuba Mau Thanksgiving week. We were in Coz in March, and I was defiinitely chilly by the end of many of my dives wearing a full 3mm and beanie. I would have loved another layer, such as a vest to go under my suit. I expect the water to be much warmer in Nov. Am I right about that? If I was a little chilly in March, will I be fine in November?
Checked my dive log for our last two Nov trips ('09 & '10). Temps listed as 78-79 last year and 79-80 the year before, which should be at least a few degrees warmer than March.

Last edited:
We'll be at the VB diving with Scuba Mau Thanksgiving week. We were in Coz in March, and I was defiinitely chilly by the end of many of my dives wearing a full 3mm and beanie. I would have loved another layer, such as a vest to go under my suit. I expect the water to be much warmer in Nov. Am I right about that? If I was a little chilly in March, will I be fine in November?

I'm sure it's a calibration difference but I've logged dives in the months of March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November and December. My Suunto Cobra has recorded temps in the 81f-84f range during all those months. I'm not saying that it's actually warmer than what Kat reported but that the variance is not that great. If you were cold in March then you're probably going to be cold in November using the same amount thermal protection. Possibly layer up and see what you can do to retain warmth between and after dives... possibly with a fleece jacket. I'm sure you got one being from Colorado. ;-)

Last edited:
Well put me down for 10-18th. Booked the trip this morning. :rocker: We will be staying at El Cid and using Scuba with Alison. Dive days will be 11-17th.

Big thanks to those who helped me out finding the deals. It is greatly appreciated.

Never stayed at the El Cid. Anyone have any reviews or feedback? I did a seach on here but they were pretty dated and nothing recent.

See you down there!

Well put me down for 10-18th. Booked the trip this morning. :rocker: We will be staying at El Cid and using Scuba with Alison. Dive days will be 11-17th.

Big thanks to those who helped me out finding the deals. It is greatly appreciated.

Never stayed at the El Cid. Anyone have any reviews or feedback? I did a seach on here but they were pretty dated and nothing recent.

See you down there!
Cool!!! we'll see you on the Maximus on the 17th. (And don't believe ANYTHING Alison says about me! LOL!)

As for El Cid, you might want to shoot Sue Sue a PM - if she doesn't read this & reply - she stayed at El Cid last June. I can't remember her saying anything negative when we talked, but it's been awhile!!

Not to steal anyone's thunder but I've done this graph in the past and posted an image of it. People seemed to enjoy it.... If not, I can take it down. Just keep the updates coming and I'll update/re-post the image accordingly.

November%252520SBers.jpg

Last edited:
Not to steal anyone's thunder but I've done this graph in the past and posted an image of it. People seemed to enjoy it.... If not, I can take it down. Just keep the updates coming and I'll update/re-post the image accordingly.
Pretty cool Josh!!

Jay and Cheryl - Nov 2-8 Suites Bahia, Nov. 9-24 Fiesta Americana Nov 4-12 Living Underwater, Nov15-22 BlueXTSea

We are at the palace Nov 13-20 and certifying at eagle ray that week..... oh and getting married too

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Nice Graph. Looks like We might be meeting some SB folks that week. Interesting about the temps. When we dove in MArch this year, my computer had the temps in the mid-70s. Like 75 - 76 degrees. Brrr after 45 -60 mins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom