November Folks! Who's Going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islanddream and husband will be at the Blue Angel from Nov. 19-26. We'll be using the dive shop at the hotel. Hey, it's Thanksgiving week...let's celebrate!

CheddarChick & CheddarGuy 11/12-11/19 at El Cid
Not sure who we are diving with yet....Kat, I did email with Alison and she clued me into the dates you are going out with her. I'm working on joining you then...

November 19-26---islanddream and husband will be at the Blue Angel. We haven't been part of a "thread" on SB before going to Coz. Do the people who reply for the month they're going to Coz meet up sometime during their visit?

Varies according to group, but yeah, we often pick day, time, venue and meet up for drinks or dinner. Wet Wendy's, that is mentioned earlier in the thread, is a common place to meet. Easy to find - just off the main town square - comfortable and purveyors of delicious/dramatic libations and good food.

November 19-26---islanddream and husband will be at the Blue Angel. We haven't been part of a "thread" on SB before going to Coz. Do the people who reply for the month they're going to Coz meet up sometime during their visit?
As Sal says it varies on the group and week. Sometimes a small get together for drinks usually at Wendy's or drinks and dinner. We had a rather large get together at La Choza one of the weeks. Nice to put faces to the scubaboard posters and meet up with those returning again that we have connected with before. Of course it is always great to meet fellow divers any time. Just need someone to put out a meet and greet.

I am thinking about booking a trip in November. How are the diving conditions in November? Never been so late in the year. I have been to Coz once before in July and loved it.

Thanks,

Jeff

I am thinking about booking a trip in November. How are the diving conditions in November? Never been so late in the year. I have been to Coz once before in July and loved it.

Thanks,

Jeff

i am also thinking about going in Nov...i have been in Nov & july & also other times of the year..i think Nov is the best, it is
not so darn hot as July..the average rain fall in Nov is only 3.5" which is much less than most other times of the year..yes i
know you can still go diving even in the rain, but it is not much fun after diving to sit in your room all day & watch it rain..also you don't have to worry about hurricanes.....:coffee:

i am also thinking about going in Nov...i have been in Nov & july & also other times of the year..i think Nov is the best, it is
not so darn hot as July..the average rain fall in Nov is only 3.5" which is much less than most other times of the year..yes i
know you can still go diving even in the rain, but it is not much fun after diving to sit in your room all day & watch it rain..also you don't have to worry about hurricanes.....:coffee:

Isn't hurricane season like June 1 to November 30? My personal theory is with the season that long, I just don't worry about it. I figure if one is getting close, someone on the boat will mention it..... :shocked2:

Isn't hurricane season like June 1 to November 30? My personal theory is with the season that long, I just don't worry about it. I figure if one is getting close, someone on the boat will mention it..... :shocked2:
You are correct sir! (Although the end date has slid over the years from October 31st to November 30th.) Peak season is August through October, but as we all know, hurricanes happen whenever they feel like it! :depressed: I'm with you, I don't worry about it until they tell em there's one out there heading my way ....

I like Coz in November as the weather is a tad cooler, but the water is still nice & warm!!! :D

I'll be at Ocean Breeze Riviera Maya from Nov 5 to Nov 12 and on Cozumel from Nov 3 to Nov 5... and very much looking forward to it. Advice on reasonable accommodations on-island appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom