November Diving in the Tampa Aea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK Since our March trip never happened, we are looking at Nov 12 for ten days.....In total honesty...Is the diving any good then?? And what are the water temps & the chance of storms ruining my party.....Staying in Englewood.....Any great sites close to there??

Water temps in mid Nov. can vary between low 70's and mid 60's. Depending on early fall weather fronts, diving can be hit or miss, but is generally good. The water cooling off tends to reduce the algae in the water increasing vizibility. Depending on your temperature tolerence at least a 3mm wetsuit will be in order.

Last edited:
Hey Cheddar, are you on your way down? It is looking like my schedule is getting a little lighter and I will be able to get out a dive again soon. Hit me up if you get this message and lets see if we can put something together!

Hey Salmonboy..We are trying to put an outing togther with Missdirected on Sunday the 14th, tooth diving in Vencie I believe..I'll post after it is a little more solid...

Hey Salmonboy..We are trying to put an outing togther with Missdirected on Sunday the 14th, tooth diving in Vencie I believe..I'll post after it is a little more solid...

I rarely look at this site anymore, and post on it even less, but in response to this post: :D:D:D:D:D:D:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::):):):D:cool2::mooner:

Thanks Cheddar, but Venice is not one of my favorite dive sites. The vis is never more than 10' (sometimes, not even 2') and hunting for teeth is not of great interest to me. I have been told by a fossil hunter friend, that as soon as I find "the big one" I will be hooked for good, but that hasnt happened..........yet.
I prefer diving in deeper water, around wrecks and spearfishing.
The seas look good on the 14th for another offshore adventure. I will probably be out on my boat. If your plans fall through, PM me and I will fill you in on the details!

Hey....you guys gotta understand...5'-10' viz is great in WI..And I would take anything to get in the water again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom