Note to Self... STOP Losing Gear!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost, and later found my DC500, which I then flooded on the next dive trip. :idk:

My little brother used to have a favorite dive site somewhere in southern CA; surf entry, and lots of student divers doing their OW there.
Somewhere in the surf line there was a "trench" that collected all sorts of interesting toys. He told me that he and his buddies always did a sweep threw that trench at the end of the weekend, and collected am amazing assortment of goodies over the years.

Myself I have lost two knives during surf entries or exits (not where my brother and his friends might find them) , and some lead during roll off entries.

I was on a dive boat and was diving both morning and afternoon dives. A diver just on the morning boat had the same fins as me and took mine accidentally. It wasn't discovered until we were getting ready to jump in and her SIZE SMALL fins didn't fit my feet. Luckily the boat had an extra pair that did fit. The woman was waiting for us when we got back to the dock....

which is why I recently bought a pair of BRIGHT ORANGE Apollo Bio fins....NOBODY is gonna accidentally take my fins....they're very unique!

which is why I recently bought a pair of BRIGHT ORANGE Apollo Bio fins....NOBODY is gonna accidentally take my fins....they're very unique!

I'm jealous.. I want orange fins!!! I keep asking my LDS who makes orange stuff, and so far he doesn't have anything!

I'm jealous.. I want orange fins!!! I keep asking my LDS who makes orange stuff, and so far he doesn't have anything!

my 'colors' are Black and ORANGE......ORANGE fins......ORANGE Halcyon SMB's.......ORANGE line cutter, everything else pretty much black.......wish Waterproof made an orange accented wetsuit, then I'd be the complete 'Halloween' diver! :)

So far, I have lost a cheap line cutter that fell out of its sheath at a local quarry. I thought I also lost a dive glove off the dive boat before a dive, but it turned out it never left the car.

I've found a snorkel keeper, and a dive knife with a broken sheath (probably how it was lost).

My father lost a backup dive light while on vacation, and a DM from another dive shop found it. They demanded a reward for finding it. Cost him $6 US to get it back.

So unique that I also own a pair. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I've only been diving a few years and did not own gear my first year but was surprise how much money/gear I've lost in the short time I've been diving.

Anyone else losing their gear and want to share their loss(es) or am I just *that* special? :crying:

First of all, you are special. :wink:
Second, I wish I dove often enough to lose even a fraction of gear you have lost. Now, that's something to cry about. :crying:

i feel for you Sam. I have lost a pair of shears who knows where, one jet fin size large over the wreck of the Lowrance, and a primary reel on the spiegel grove. Believe it or not I actually got the reel back. The fin...well aparently I am not the only one to lose one fin cuz i found one jet fin size large on ebay :D

About the camera, always have two tethers I have learned that from watching tony.
Of course you're the only one to lose one fin. You just paid for it twice. :cool2::D

First of all, you are special. :wink:
Second, I wish I dove often enough to lose even a fraction of gear you have lost. Now, that's something to cry about. :crying:
:rofl3: You're right. No more crying for me. :kiss2:

Of course you're the only one to lose one fin. You just paid for it twice. :cool2::D

And she is the only one I know who can rock a dive with one fin doing all her required stops. Kim is my hero.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom