Note to Self... STOP Losing Gear!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if I understand it, but you're saying she was just tossing gear off the boat into the water and watching it? Most scuba stuff sinks, doesn't it? Must have been a really big brain fart that day.

Being new, I still haven't lost anything yet (hopefully the streak continues), but from this thread, now I know which buddies to dive with to find good, "lost" gear.
To be clear, she wasn't on the boat at the surface. She was on the deck of a sunken ship (the Spiegel Grove) which is "deep" and she was narc'ed so her actions weren't exactly what one would expect from a rational thinking person. She wanted to watch stuff "float" from her vantage on the deck as it descended to the abyss. He's mentioned the story somewhere before, probably a thread about being narc'ed.

Being new, I still haven't lost anything yet (hopefully the streak continues), but from this thread, now I know which buddies to dive with to find good, "lost" gear.
I'm doing the same, noting the posters who find gears during a dive. :D

my 'colors' are Black and ORANGE......ORANGE fins......ORANGE Halcyon SMB's.......ORANGE line cutter, everything else pretty much black.......wish Waterproof made an orange accented wetsuit, then I'd be the complete 'Halloween' diver! :)

oops, almost forgot, monogrammed ORANGE mask strap 'covers' too. :)

I just recalled a funny incident. I was diving with my camera in an Ikelite housing. Back on the boat after the dive, another diver hands me some "trash" she had found during the dive, since I was standing next to the garbage can. Looking at the three pieces, one looked very familiar.... turns out it was the "flash shield" from my housing. Apparently the tether that connected it to the camera had broken, probably during my giant stride. Glad she was diligent about cleaning up trash, VERY glad I was standing next to the garbage can.

If we ever get to dove together, I'm bringing a roll of duct tape. Once you're suited up I'll tape everything on.

If we ever get to dove together, I'm bringing a roll of duct tape. Once you're suited up I'll tape everything on.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: You may have solved my future lost gear issues. I have pink Hello Kitty duct tape you could use. :D

Last edited:
I thought only recreational divers were allowed to own ORANGE SPLIT FINS ?
What? I dive recreationally all the time. :D

I've misplaced my dive booties twice. First time the dive shop found them for me, but the second time I had to replace them. It's a good thing I decided to pack my gear for that trip early or I wouldn't have had time to buy a replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom