Not the average quarry dive - visiting Yoda's swamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkHerm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:D
When I posted some first pics of this dive location sometimes last year, someone commented that it looked like Yoda's swamp from Star Wars... and I tend to like this as it seems to be true somehow :wink:

Anyways, this is one of my favourite quarry locations here in Germany. It has two advantages: 1. the water is blue (as opposed to the greenish look of other quarries around) and 2. it has this beautiful sunken forest. Therefore, I thought I'd share some pics. Unfortunately, my camera equipment is far from being optimal so picture quality is not the best.

Enjoy!

Pretzien-1.jpg

Pretzien-8.jpg

Pretzien-5.jpg

Pretzien-6.jpg

Pretzien-3.jpg

Pretzien-7.jpg

Pretzien-4.jpg

Pretzien-2.jpg

Last edited:
Very neat; actually surreal. Looks more like a swamp scene in a horror movie, not an underwater scene. Is there much life (e.g.: fish, crayfish) too see?

Richard.

These photos are fantastic, agree that they are surreal. This would be a great location to do an underwater model shoot.

I beg to differ on the quality of the shots.. they seem to have a mystique to them, thanks for sharing the pics. I would love to dive there!

Thanks for your comments :)
The dive site truly has a surreal, out of this world touch to it. It consists of actually three quarries that are connected to each other so you can cross them all in a single dive (60-70 minutes if going slow). There is barely life in there but if you are lucky you can find a sturgeon. This prehistoric looking fish suits the enviroment very well :)

@Hollywoodivers Imaging: The quarries can be found in Pretzien, a very small village that is located around 100 miles away from Berlin. There is a operator present who is in charge for all diving activities in there.

The pictures are pretty good. Makes it look more like a foggy swamp than underwater.

Back
Top Bottom