Not that diving related....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ruu

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is to all of you that live in Florida really - I apologise if this is off-topic, but you guys are the only people I know that live in the area. Im coming out in a couple of weeks, and I appear to have acquired myself a "girlfriend" who is coming with me. I'm not entirely sure how this happened - I assume alcohol was involved, but the details are still a little hazy. I hear that these "girlfriend" items respond well to something called "romance" - I'm off to the mall shortly to see if I can pick up a bottle - in the meantime though I thought that feeding her would be an appropriate substitute. Can anyone suggest a reasonable restaurant or two in the keys? I'm looking for non-touristy (probably difficult, but some of you locals must know a place or two), fairly close to Key Largo (doesn't need to be too close - I would like to explore a little), quiet etc that does a good line in sunsets and nice food. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,

Dave

There is a "locals" type place called Hobo's. The food is excellent. One of our group ordered a club sandwich that was so big that she could only eat a quarter of it. The three of us ate the rest of it after our dive. I had a hamburger that was topped with fried onion straws that I would drive the 5 hours from here to just to have another. Later that night we had the crab cakes with a curry sauce. Wonderful. And the prices very reasonable. I think the sandwiches ran about $5-6.

Chuck
It's located right next door to Amoray's Dive shop.

Definatly hobo's for food! But if you want a sunset too then try the islamorada fish company. they have a dock over the water. You can watch a sunset, and Tarpon,nurse sharks snappers etc swim by while youre eating. Their food isnt as good as hobo's but still excellent

Since she doesn't dive (yet - its only a matter of time...), she's unlikely to have discovered the unadulterated joys of the scubaboard quite yet. I hope. On a related note - the department stores were all out of this romance (tm) thing - does anyone know of any factory outlets on the way to Florida that might stock it? Somewhere with a drive-through would be ideal - that way Im not wasting any time.

Dave

PS - Hobo's is already on the list of places to go, it seems to be quite famous among the dive community.

Hey Colin,
Do you think RUU would find the gift he wants at "THE" web site?

Chuck

Florida is full of romance I'm sure you'll find some down in the keys.
There are alot of Drive through beverage stores down here.
Not only selling romance but courage as well!
Fred

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom