Nose bleeding inquiry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolute

Reaction score
I posted previously about equalizing. Well I finally found out how to do it without plugging my nose and blowing. But anyway I finally got certified in Mexico. It was the greatest thing I have ever seen, amazing beauty and a sense of peace. Well here is my question. My dives consisted of 30-60 ft, and every time I asended I would get a nose bleed but it was very small and only lasted for maybe 1 minute tops. Does this happen to divers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Thanks for the info. Now that I think about it the bleeding kept decreasing after every dive. I also heard from some divers that some people get this evey time. For all you veterans of diving have you ever seen this.

I got a nose bleed after my first open water dive, my dive instructor told me it happens from time to time. After that it seemed that I would get a nose bleed about every other dive or so. I was careful on my descents/ascents, but it didn't seem to matter. I saw an ENT who also was a diver. To make a long story short I ended up needing sinus surgery. It seemed that I was prone to sinus infections, since the surgery I haven't had a problem. I'd at least see an ENT if the nose bleeds continue just to be on the safe side. Good luck.

...diving with a guy who said he got nosebleeds all the time, but the only time I saw it was on our "deepest" dive of 70' within a couple minutes of deco time - around an hour as I recall. His nose bled for a few minutes and stopped, but this was a pretty experienced RD level diver.

What's the deal with this, assuming you're not blowing your brains out equalizing?
=Terry:confused:

Thanks for the info. Terry I think I might have a weak area in my nose. If there is such a thing. When I equalize I dont plug my nose and blow since this does not work for me but instead I will exhale through my nose adding more air volume in my mask then swallow. The dive instructor noticed blood on the first 3 dives (it was not much) then on dive 4 there was just a little bit. And finally on dive 5 to 60 ft both my buddy and instructor did not see any blood but I could taste it in my mouth but no nose bleed. I think it might just be a weak part of my nose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom