Northern Swampers dinner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hows about trying to put together a Northern Swampers Night for dinner this month. We seem to be lagging well behind our Southern friends in that department. Do you think you would be interested? If so, what night is good for you? How about tentatively thinking about a weekend -- maybe Jan. 17, 18, 24 or 25. And maybe meeting in Grapevine again, like last time, perhaps at Trail Dust Steakhouse this time.

Please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Ken

Sounds great Ken...count me in. Bill too. Either weekend will work for us and the Grapevine Mill Mall area sounds like a good location.

Glad you thought of this - it will be great to see everybody again and, hopefully, some new faces as well.

Come on everybody....let's meet, talk diving, pass pics, eat, talk diving, drink, talk diving.....well, you know how it is. Thanks Ken for initiating this. Keep us posted.
:updown: Looking forward to it!!

Sounds good to me. BTW...the 17th is...ummm...me b. day. I'll be turning 3! (Although some ppl. say I already act like it.) :D The wife's is the 19th, so the 18th would be great!

Been awhile since I've been to Bugatti's http://www.bugattis.net/ (best calamari I've had this side of the Caribbean), but Trail Dust would probably be more appropriate for a rowdy bunch of Texas divers. :)

Let's put something together! :jump:
:band:

This is a great idea. I was hoping to get together with old friends and make new ones. Maybe this will help take the edge off not getting wet in sooo long.

Keep us posted!

Jim

Sounds like fun to me and any date should do.

When was the last time this group got together? Were there speakers or picture presentations on diving?

Been reading books on diving and 1-way conversations
with the wife on the subject; would be fun to have a 2-way conversation for a change.

It's been dry here, as I have not been to the water since the DUI Demo.

DSAO
Gary

at one of their locations, but I couldn't make it. Just a fun get together I think, no presentations that I heard of.
Catch22 once surfaced, bubbled, and sputtered...

When was the last time this group got together? Were there speakers or picture presentations on diving?

I have a presentation*...2 hours of video from Coz and Caymans...got one of the wife kissing a stingray.(The DM said that anyone that didn't get in the water and kiss a stingray had to swim back to shore, so she jumped in and paddled around for awhile and kissed Lefty the stingray.) And she doesn't like the water; sometimes she will actually turn around and face the shower. :)

Gary, you could do a power point presentation...neat. You get any pics in Coz last summer?

Me, I'm just gonna eat...talk diving...drink...talk diving...make some time for non-diving attendees...and generally have fun!

*Anyone who doesn't want me to bring vacation videos speak now or forever hold your snorkle. :D

Count me in would love to see everyone I have met and to meet everybody else. A weekend date is best for me.

Logan

sealskin98 once bubbled...
Sounds good to me. BTW...the 17th is...ummm...me b. day. I'll be turning 3! (Although some ppl. say I already act like it.) :D The wife's is the 19th, so the 18th would be great!
...Trail Dust would probably be more appropriate for a rowdy bunch of Texas divers.

Right now, this seems to be the leader of the pack, or at least one of the better reasons to get together besides the diving talk. We'll give it a little more time (say the middle of next week) before we make the reservations, just in case someone can't make it or has an alternative suggestion.

Ken

You're doing great Ken.

The last dinner we had was Early last summer at Cozymels in Grapevine. Ron Carlo (Ronbo) was kinda an informal guest speaker.

We normally do these things as just dinner get togethers and social times.

Count us in for two.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom