Northern European dive spot in mid-March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String:
I'd be scared in 40m vis. Wouldnt know what to do !
Me neither.
40 meters in our old Europe????
Can't believe it.
But honestly as others said - it's cold so without a dry suit you may have problems. although I know quite a few guys here that go ice diving in wet suits....
Mania

mania:
It ain't possible...
Can't believe it.
But honestly as others said - it's cold so without a dry suit you may have problems. although I know quite a few guys here that go ice diving in wet suits....
Mania

Ice diving in a wet suit isn't much, really. I mean, if you go down, get cold and get up again to warm up, what is there to it? It's not like you want to stay down for more than 15-20 minutes when you can't move around because you're tied to a stick with a rope?

8 degrees Celsius ain't bad at all in a dry suit. We were down for the full hour with 11 minutes deco, and we were warm and comfy all the way. When water temps drops to 6 degrees or less I tend to have to warm up my fingers now and then, and I can because I use dry gloves. -The greatest thing to buy since we got sliced bread in the stores here, in '97 I think... :D

Yes, 40 metres is definitely possible here. With no algeas during winter it's pretty common to have 30 metres for longer periods, but 40 is "happening"! Just come on over and check for yourselves!

mania:
Me neither.
Can't believe it.

I just got off the phone with a customer. He lives on the island SMØLA, and they were out diving today. He reported tremendous 50 metres viz and 10-11 degrees Celsius in the water...

Now that's only 10 kilometres from where I'm going in three weeks ! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom