North Ft. Lauderdale 3 PM dives: try for Mon. and Thurs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello SB'ers,

The wind direction is supposed to go right back to the direction it was before, having only been favorable last evening through -right now- I guess. 8:15 am, check that web-cam, it would be an awesome morning for a dive. But the report is that it is suppposed to get worse. 'Course, we don't listen to those weather-witch-doctors anymore.

I'm still going to drive out and check the surf and, if it's good, we'll try to do a 3 PM fast load-up-and-go to take advantage of any good conditions that remain. If arriving late, call and/or you can try to meet us in the water at either the pier or Hibiscus.

If you have the chance, I say you just get out there :scatter: and dive right now :thumb:

Mt. Biking report: Oleta was awesome, again, until the end of the 3-hour bloodfest at which point I pile-drove my shoulder into the earth. To add insult to injury, the bike came down from the sky and smacked my helmet. My feet landed soon thereafter. Then, at the end of the evening, the no-see-ums had us scrambling to get the truck loaded and moving in record time.

Ben, if you boast about how great you feel after having been biking one more time, I'm gonna shut your air off today... :devil_3:

All in all a good time, and if you've got a bike, stamina and some skill (or just determination), you ought to come out with us next week - possibly Wendesday.

Best,

Dave

I was checking out the cam as well and it does look awesome, right now. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I read that same report and you know, they are often wrong.

Mountain biking with you sounds dangerous...I'm in! I haven't done it in a while, but I could sure use the exercise, maybe next week if I'm not working during the day.

Well did you guys end up going yesterday? Who, is in for a Thursday dive? :huh: let me know... I have an extra 80 if anyone needs it.

ZULU6, waterbearer and I actually made it to the beach and still nixed the dive based on the strength of the wind, and the direction we knew it was turning. Getting out there and staying anywhere inline with the entry point would have been a moderate workout, but getting back in after would have been rough. I stuck around enough after 3:00 to watch it get worse.

I'm headed up to Sebastion until Saturday evening. Think about a Sunday dive - I plan to be back down here by then. Might be offline until then though.

Hey All, I'm up for that Thurs dive....perhaps a friday as well or instead....whatever works.....night dives anyone...let me know I'm A Canuck down again to enjoy diving in water that's not stiff....Heading back Sat the 18th & enjoyed meeting those of you I did, chatting with a few others & renewing old aquaintances.....If I miss the opportunity this time I'll be back & try for a wee bit more planning that next trip....Cheers, Darryl.

Here's the marine report:
Rest Of Today... East winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

It's actually not looking too bad, I'm thinking about it...

I had a blast wish conditions were a little better (7-10 foot vis) It was a pleasure to meet both Waterbearer and Cowboy2. The most amazing thing of the day was what waterbearer said about the sleeping Nurse sharks! :huh: Well heres to more dives!

Thanks again

A BIG CANADIAN THANKS....to you all for a great dive, thank you for the dive DWDB & WB it was great meeting you I look forward to diving again with you.....And MD thanks for helping set it up I look forward to meeting yoyu at some point as well - thanks again to all of you for accomodating me - Cheers!

:D

I didn't say it...it was just something I heard...

Great dive guys, look forward to more of those.

Jer - thanks for the air.
Darryl - thanks for not wrecking...and I thought Florida drivers were bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom