North Carolina Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I dove with Olympus Dive Center in Morehead City last August and we had a great time. Since it was our first time diving at those depths with Nitrox, Olympus arranged for a DM to accompany us at our request.

While the diving is great, it's also a little pricey. $125 for a two tank dive plus tank rental and fills. If one adds the hotel and roundtrip driving from NYC (where we live) to Morehead City, two days of diving in NC can easily add up to $1,000 for two people.

For this reason, this years we decided to skip North Carolina and go to Cozumel for eleven days in October instead.

As for the question on places to stay- in Atlantic Beach there is the Sandpiper. Older place, but reasonable, about $100 a night. The Fisherman's Inn is another choice. Both are not places I'd stay if I was to be in the room all day, but for divers, they are good.
-J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom