Norte for days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here at the BA and we have a freaking Norte in October!! Port has been closed two days and no end in sight until next week. Wind is projected to shift to the NNW tomorrow but then is super random headed to the weekend with N and NNW toggling back and forth. Never had this many days out of the pool on a single trip. Such a bummer but hope for better conditions next week. Very glad I've got 14 days to play with but there are several people who are likely to only get in one day of five this week so it's xtra unusual. Hopefully wind guru will turn out to be wrong and things will change sooner!! Just sharing my pain. 😂😂
Looks like the view from room 102 or 103.

...***Our entire staff has Shearwater Terics, and we've sold many of them to our clients. Terics are known to read 2ºF warmer than actual temps. The Terics were reading 86º-87º.
Perdix, Peregrine, Oceanic OCi, Garmin, Suuntos, all reading 85º
Hi @Divedoggie

That's interesting, I have not heard that Terics read 2 degrees warm. I have not heard others complaining about it.

I have had many Terics since May 2019
I'm now diving with a repaired #7 Teric. This is the first one that consistently reads 2 degrees warm, all the others seemed to be quite accurate. My other computer is a 13 year old Oceanic VT3 that has always read 2 degrees cool. So, now I have one computer that is 2 degrees cool and one that is 2 degrees warm, the average is just right :)

Hi @Divedoggie

That's interesting, I have not heard that Terics read 2 degrees warm. I have not heard others complaining about it.

I have had many Terics since May 2019
I'm now diving with a repaired #7 Teric. This is the first one that consistently reads 2 degrees warm, all the others seemed to be quite accurate. My other computer is a 13 year old Oceanic VT3 that has always read 2 degrees cool. So, now I have one computer that is 2 degrees cool and one that is 2 degrees warm, the average is just right :)
please change your username to Goldilocks.

Was able to dive yesterday and today. The water temps are still warm, if not too warm--84-87 F. First dive I was in a wetsuit, then switched to just a rashguard. There is substantial bleaching of the corals and the red algae and seaweed is widespread.

No, just a regular at Blue Angel.
Hmmph. Your new furniture looks great from the sidewalk. I like the new curtains in your bedroom but you should leave them open to let in more light.

Had decent conditions Thursday daytime but our night dive was a hell of a ride home! Couldn't dock at BA because of the swells so had to go back around the cruise ship pier (always a rough ride) and down to the marina. We were all very glad to round the corner into the marina and flat water. Choppy again this am but had flattened out for a bit this afternoon. Hoping the wind finally shifts to the east side tomorrow and next week is looking prime so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom