NorCal M&G Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tessa - all of the M&Gs are presently located in our calendar as well. More details with be posted in threads as the time nears. Hope you can join us.

Not to change the subject...but I just got back from Puerto Vallarta about a week ago. Out of 7 possible days of diving, I was only able to do 3. A storm came in and the water was too rough to do night dives. It is usually really nice, I just picked a bad week to go. I didn't get any good underwater photos this time, but I got some nice shots of whales. Have fun!

who did you dive with in PV? i am leaving saturday and still not sure if we ar diving or not.

As always, the blond gal from So Cal is slow on the uptake... :dork2:

Sara, why do you like the beatings??? :rofl3:

Jim... play nice...:10:

Dan, take us to Coral St! pleeeaaasssseeeee :blinking:

We dove with Puerto Vallarta Divers or Local Divers (Leslie and Nacho). I have been diving with several dive shops, but they really cater to people and they are both very experienced divers. Pacific Scuba has also been a great group to dive with as well. The diving is usually very nice, it was just a bad week to dive there. I usually dive every day and night that I can, but the ocean wasn't cooperating. We did get to see some whale with babies, so I was able to get a few photos of them. I love the Marina area, I'm not sure where you are staying, but it is a really nice place to hang out.

Hope this helps -

Tessa

Tessa - all of the M&Gs are presently located in our calendar as well. More details with be posted in threads as the time nears. Hope you can join us.
Thanks, I will give it my best shot. I've emailed my friend, so I will see what she says. If not, I will try to drum up another buddy. How do I view the calendar? I'm not all that great at maneuvering on this site.

Thanks,

Tessa

Thanks for the info. i think we are staying closer to Nuevo Vallarta, but will spend plenty of time around the marina. how was the overall weather?

Thanks, I will give it my best shot. I've emailed my friend, so I will see what she says. If not, I will try to drum up another buddy. How do I view the calendar? I'm not all that great at maneuvering on this site.

Thanks,

Tessa

To see the calendar - go to the main NorCal page and it is at the top. But, here's a quicky link for you. :) http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/calendar.php?c=33

Thanks for the info. i think we are staying closer to Nuevo Vallarta, but will spend plenty of time around the marina. how was the overall weather?
Pretty perfect actually. The storm hit the day before, so even though the water wasn't nice, the weather on top was perfect. The water was 60+ degrees, and a lot of plankton in the water. The vis opened up between 60-80 ft, but the sun couldn't filter through and even with a light the vis was about 3-5 ft. The first dive the vis opened up, but after that it went downhill. Make sure you bring at least a 5mil suit. Everyone was diving with a 7 mil. I had a 3 mil with a short 7 mil over that!

Have fun and if you see Leslie, Nacho, or Emilio... tell them Tessa says HI!

who did you dive with in PV? i am leaving saturday and still not sure if we ar diving or not.

Have you checked out the PV/ mex part of scubaboard? I went there to research my Costa Rica trip a few years back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom