NorCal M&G Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:confused2
Yup, here she goes again.​

In an effort to be more proactive with the planning of NorCal M&Gs, I would like to get a calendar up and going so that people know well in advance of any Meet and Greets that we might have going on, get people to volunteer to be the organizer, etc. etc.​

As I've said on other threads, I am "limited" somewhat in my knowledge of the various sites and as such am not always comfortable spearheading the meet and greets at different, "unknown" (to me) sites - so I would love it if others would be willing to, at least, be the lead for these events. I am happy to be the point of contact for anything (and everything) if need be. Just not the dive leader.​

So, with that being said - let's get planning. Ron mentioned that perhaps the 2nd weekend of every other month would work well for most, and historically that seems to have worked (with M&Gs previously being held around the 2nd week / middle of the month).​

2008 Schedule (Thus Far)
January 19th, 2008 - Breakwater "Metridum Field" M&G. Dive Leader: ProDiver_CA
March 15th, 2008 - Point Lobos M&G. Dive Leader: Doc Wong
September 5th through 7th: Statewide M&G in Monterey: RSVP here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1484&day=2008-9-5&c=32

So, if we were to do the every other month - that would be:
- April 12th/13th
- June 14th/15th
- August 9th/10th
- October 11th/12th
- December 13th/14th​

Alternatively we could do November instead of October and December since we have the September thing. That might be a better idea.

What are your thoughts about these dates? Do you want to suggest a site? Do you want to volunteer to lead a dive? .....​

:phone2: Come on. Chime in and lets get planning. :phone2:​

:heart:,
Sarah​

I'd love to show everyone around Coral Street! Let me know the dates.
Tag your it!:monkeydan

I won't be around in April, going to Mexico. how about May? So far I have the weekends on the 10th and the 17th open.

So do you want to make it:
March 15th
May 9th/10th
July 19th/20th
September 5th - 7th
November 8th/9th

Those actually seem like better dates ..... Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom