NorCal M&G Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why don't you suggest a spot other than Breakwater?

California Diving News Dive Sites

Jim, if you think that I'd take new divers to unsafe conditions, you are NUTS. If you are not teaching your students to watch the surf/sea and to walk away if conditions are not conducive to diving, then you are doing them a disservice.

I'm very capable of giving a thorough dive briefing, teaching and leading a "discover local diving," thank you very much. I also have the insurance for it and am certified for it (DM and AI).

Coral street is NOT an advanced dive site. I've seen OW and AOW classes conducted there. Monastery is, of course. Frequently, conditions at these sites are a walk in the park and offer beautiful diving and are certainly much better than Breakwater. If we get to the site and it's not diveable, we'll go somewhere else. It's as simple as that. There are plenty of days that I've been to Monastery and walked away because it didn't look like an easy entry and exit.

But I've also exposed new divers to more advanced dive sites than Breakwater.

The reason I offered Coral street is because the diving is relatively nice, relatively shallow (max depth about 50 ft), the vis is frequently over 40 ft, the inner cove is relatively sheltered (although there are rocks at low tide-much like Breakwater), and the parking is FREE and relatively plentiful.

California Diving News Scuba Dive Spot - Monterey County, Coral Street

Since you don't seem to want us to dive Point Lobos, or Monastery, and never even suggested a boat dive, and now not Coral Street, what do you suggest? Along the wall at Breakwater every month with fifty other divers silting it up? Yeah, that sounds exciting.

You complained to Sarah for picking Point Lobos. Now you're complaining about the other dive sites that I've suggested.

Keep criticizing Sarah and I and maybe YOU can step up to the plate and put the whole thing together.

Why don't you suggest a spot other than Breakwater?

California Diving News Dive Sites

Jim, if you think that I'd take new divers to unsafe conditions, you are NUTS. If you are not teaching your students to watch the surf/sea and to walk away if conditions are not conducive to diving, then you are doing them a disservice.

I'm very capable of giving a thorough dive briefing, teaching and leading a "discover local diving," thank you very much. I also have the insurance for it and am certified for it (DM and AI).

Coral street is NOT an advanced dive site. I've seen OW and AOW classes conducted there. Monastery is, of course. Frequently, conditions at these sites are a walk in the park and offer beautiful diving and are certainly much better than Breakwater. If we get to the site and it's not diveable, we'll go somewhere else. It's as simple as that. There are plenty of days that I've been to Monastery and walked away because it didn't look like an easy entry and exit.

But I've also exposed new divers to more advanced dive sites than Breakwater.

The reason I offered Coral street is because the diving is relatively nice, relatively shallow (max depth about 50 ft), the vis is frequently over 40 ft, the inner cove is relatively sheltered (although there are rocks at low tide-much like Breakwater), and the parking is FREE and relatively plentiful.

Since you don't seem to want us to dive Point Lobos, or Monastery, and never even suggested a boat dive, and now not Coral Street, what do you suggest? Along the wall at Breakwater every month with fifty other divers silting it up? Yeah, that sounds exciting.

You complained to Sarah for picking Point Lobos. Now you're complaining about the other dive sites that I've suggested.

Keep criticizing Sarah and I and maybe YOU can step up to the plate and put the whole thing together.

:rofl3:Okay , I think it is time for a vacation!:rofl3:

I'll sign up for that Dannobee lead coral street dive. I've yet to hit Coral Street and from his description, it sounds like it could be nice.

As for dates for me, they all look superficially good except for the November and September one. I'm just no good at planning that far ahead. :(

So who is signing up for what!??!?

I'd love to have Danno show us Coral St or Monastery! I really want to dive N. Monastery sometime and would feel much better going with someone experienced to show us the ropes.

So who is signing up for what!??!?

Oh, and all the dates look good to me as of now. I'd also be happy to help organize any of them.

Would Coral St in May work for you Dan?

I would love to do Coral Street on May 10th. I think thats ok with Ron too.

So ..... Danno?? Everyone waits on baited breath.

March 15th - Doc Wong (leader) @ Pt. Lobos
May 9th/10th - Danno (leader) @ Coral Street - not confirmed
July 19th/20th
September 5th - 7th - NorCal + SoCal Meet and Greet - See Ann Marie's threads
November 8th/9th - Anyone? Lovers perhaps?

Anyone want to see about doing a cleanup dive? Perhaps someone who knows Aquarius so we can get a sponsor for either July or November??

So ..... Danno?? Everyone waits on baited breath.

March 15th - Doc Wong (leader) @ Pt. Lobos
May 9th/10th - Danno (leader) @ Coral Street - not confirmed
July 19th/20th
September 5th - 7th - NorCal + SoCal Meet and Greet - See Ann Marie's threads
November 8th/9th - Anyone? Lovers perhaps?

Anyone want to see about doing a cleanup dive? Perhaps someone who knows Aquarius so we can get a sponsor for either July or November??

Of course I'll do it!

Back
Top Bottom