Non GUE DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I know is that I dove with Andrew a week ago (X Scooters) at Point Lobos and I have never seen a more skilled diver in my life. I have been diving since I was 12.

I'll take his classes and when it comes time for Cave training I'll go the GUE route. Will that work or will I be nailed to a cross. Who knows.

Man, we really need a Scubaboard DIR meet and greet. That would work wonders.

-Chris
a nice Guy

CALI68:
All I know is that I dove with Andrew a week ago (X Scooters) at Point Lobos and I have never seen a more skilled diver in my life. I have been diving since I was 12.

I'll take his classes and when it comes time for Cave training I'll go the GUE route. Will that work or will I be nailed to a cross. Who knows.

Man, we really need a Scubaboard DIR meet and greet. That would work wonders.

-Chris
a nice Guy

Chris, haven't you heard? You need to get out more. These weekday dive trips aren't cutting it, and they prevent you from doing Scubaboard DIR meet and greets that happen on the weekends.... :wink:

~ Jason

Yeah Jason, that last one was great. The So Cal folks with all that lobster and all that abalone we went up and collected. We could have used Chris' tents though.

mweitz:
Yeah Jason, that last one was great. The So Cal folks with all that lobster and all that abalone we went up and collected. We could have used Chris' tents though.

Yeah, I wish someone would have told me that Lobster and Dry gloves don't work well together before we went on that trip.

~ Jason

Jason and Mark, I am so ashamed of you. How could you be so cruel?

-Chris

On the other hand I can dive Lobos with three other teams and no reservations. :07:

mweitz:

Ok, you can use my tents. :)

CALI68:
Jason and Mark, I am so ashamed of you. How could you be so cruel?

-Chris

On the other hand I can dive Lobos with three other teams and no reservations. :07:

You left out that you have a scooter.... :crying:

~ Jason

hoosier:
In conclusion, if you read my previous posts, I am interested in DIR-F course because I admit the curriculum and idea of class is a good, but it is also inevitable that DIR ego-prick mind is bothering many non-DIR divers in this sport. Based on your post, I don’t think I am qualified to dive with the inner circle divers, why are you here instead of decostop if you are so qualified, but please remember that the main group of scuba divers is still non-DIR divers in the world. Many dive businesses can feed their family thanks to non-DIR divers in the world….
Don't sweat the small stuff ... I'm not qualified to dive with the DIR inner circle divers either. Heck, I don't even claim to be DIR ... I just took the training and came away from it with skills I wanted to acquire.

All that other stuff is just white noise ... it bothers you because you let it bother you. If you ignore it, it means nothing.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

JeffG:
Actually, Dan was getting thrown under the Bus on the Gavin Scooter list, but was saved by George. (It was all blamed on AG)

So he is safe.................for now :wink:

Good thing AG never threw any other GUE instructor under the bus while he was affiliated with GUE.......

Sad thing is that there are many great instructors for all different agencies, especially at the TECH level that just get burnt out on the politics and just don't want to play anymore. We all have our "diving cells" that we prefer to dive and affiliate with. No need to spend anymore time discussing who is better or who did what to whom.....dive with whomever you want. All this stuff that has finally come out has probably been going on alot longer than any of us realize.

I have had the opportunity to dive or take classes from 6 different GUE Instructors over the years.....they all had different teaching styles and personalities and they were all committed to diving and had a genuine passion for the sport. Most of them are no longer teaching......too bad for the students that came along after they left.

Karen

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom