Non GUE DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49:
Perhaps "Advanced Diving School". Welcome to the world of diving! Finished your open water or AOW and want to further your skills into cave or wreck diving? Are you ready to take the next step towards professional diving skills"? This is off the top of my head but you get the picture..... Intead of "Do it Right" which implies anyone not doing this is wrong. Most people don't like hearing that after spending time and money for training. It's like telling them they're stupid, which is what probably pisses most people off. Just a thought. It seems the front line offer could be more .....welcoming and respectful of previouse training. Hell, even the Marines and Army make it look fun to join up. They bust your *** once you're in but I see your point about wanting only dedicated divers....anyway. Thanks for your insider view. Hank

Get over it. There are only a few of us that are jerks. You just have an axe to grind. The issue is yours, not GUE's. There are about a thousand other forums. If you don't like DIR stop whining and go visit another forum.

Hank49:
Intead of "Do it Right" which implies anyone not doing this is wrong. Most people don't like hearing that after spending time and money for training. It's like telling them they're stupid, which is what probably pisses most people off.

I guess that's why Dive Rite is so unsuccessful, eh? :wink:

Please don't let Hank drag you down into a flame war. Please ignore his sarcasm..

I was looking at this more from if I was a director of this company, how would I increase market share in the dive industry. All I'm saying is, the product is great...how can we market it better? It's actually PRO GUE and DIR from a constructive standpoint. How is this so offensive? And when was I sarcastic?

Hank49:
I was looking at this more from if I was a director of this company, how would I increase market share in the dive industry. All I'm saying is, the product is great...how can we market it better? How is this so offensive? And when was I sarcastic? You guys are too much.
it wasn't your intention Hank, but when I saw this "Thanks for your insider view. Hank" I thought you were being a smart-Alec. We must have taken it wrong.

The rest of your post was pretty good, but as explained by MHK, it seems GUE isn't really going for huge market share. Is it IANTD that's getting the top QA guy from GUE? Maybe the DIR system will expeand outside of GUE with him at the helm. Then again, perhaps not.

Randy43068:
it wasn't your intention Hank, but when I saw this "Thanks for your insider view. Hank" I thought you were being a smart-Alec. We must have taken it wrong.

The rest of your post was pretty good, but as explained by MHK, it seems GUE isn't really going for huge market share. Is it IANTD that's getting the top QA guy from GUE? Maybe the DIR system will expeand outside of GUE with him at the helm. Then again, perhaps not.

I was sincerely thanking him because he is an "insider" in GUE if I'm not mistaken. I appreciated his comments.

Hank49:
I was sincerely thanking him because he is an "insider" in GUE if I'm not mistaken. I appreciated his comments.
It's easy to misunderstand on these boards sometimes.

Randy

Hank49:
I was looking at this more from if I was a director of this company, how would I increase market share in the dive industry.

JJ has posted (in the past couple of days even) that this is precisely what he doesn't care about.

lamont:
JJ has posted (in the past couple of days even) that this is precisely what he doesn't care about.

And only an ostrich could spend more than a minute on the GUE site without this concept being blatantly obvious.

lamont:
I guess there are two ways for JJ/GUE to improve the overall quality of divers. One is to develop an improved system and spread it as widely as possible through the training of many divers, through both technical courses and initial open water certification course.

The other way is to set a standard and an example with a small boutique training organization, focussed on more technical diving, hoping that the major training organizations will adopt some of these improvements for their courses, including basic open water certification. The fact that this thread is discussing non GUE DIR is an example that this approach is working to some extent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom