NOMAD by bLU3 | Ultra-portable tankless dive system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surface supplied air is not a new concept (that's how most commercial diving works, right?) but I don't understand the claim that this could be safer or reduce the need for training. If you're breathing compressed air under pressure at depth, then you need to understand all the issues that can come along with that, including the potential for interrupted air supply, buoyancy, safe ascent rates, etc. Right?

None of those things seem to change much just because you get your pressurized air by a different mechanism.
Hi Shawn, yes. I believe there is some training online necessary. The biggest difference would be dealing with decompression, 35 feet deep barely makes the dive tables. Although know someone who dove at 20 feet maybe 5 hours then drove over Donner Summit (about 8,000' think) and did get bends, so altitude has to be taken into account.

I know of an explosives company that has a very small explosive charges that has an ATF exemption, no explosives license is required, just passing an online test. It can blow up big boulders it is just that handling the charges is very safe so why no license required, in fact here is a video of it being used www.SierraBlaster.com .

Think for Nomad the concept is the same. Some training is required, just a lot less than necessary to dive 100 feet deep on tanks. Having done a great deal of hookah diving under 35 feet and know a lot of others who have done the same for decades and only know of two problems. The high altitude incident mentioned above (he survived just fine) and a very sad case a boulder rolled on foot of gold diver and in efforts to free him the hose was broken and he died. Had nothing to do training, the solution would be to have had a backup air source. Which for gold divers when they are dredging with motor on air could be a Nomad or pony tank.

The biggest difference would be dealing with decompression, 35 feet deep barely makes the dive tables.
I don't think getting bent is the biggest worry. Personally, I immediately thought of lung overexpansion with untrained divers, among other issues.

How do you say the name of this product? Blue or Blue 3? God I hate manufacturers that make you play guessing games when it comes to the pronunciation of the name of their products.

I don't think getting bent is the biggest worry. Personally, I immediately thought of lung overexpansion with untrained divers, among other issues.
Yes, even at 12 feet. It seems unnatural to me to do something like that (hold breath on way up) but some people do it, and hookah training courses do cover that.

How do you say the name of this product? Blue or Blue 3? God I hate manufacturers that make you play guessing games when it comes to the pronunciation of the name of their products.
Blue, yea was not sure myself. 3 is backward E.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom