Nocturnal lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tribaltim:
Well for now I dicided to go with the SL50 since I'm still a rookie diver and really havent gotten into photography or video yet. I'm still just in aw over all my brand new equipment and now I can add a dive light to my repute. I used to be a big skydiving junkie but their are no USPA Authorized drop zones on the island so I sold all my gear and got into scuba diving I love it.......and from what I'm getting off scuba board I'm making a killing on my certifications and dive gear being here on Okinawa. Everything is so much more inexpensive here compared to what everyone is saying they are paying in the states. I'm actually concidering hooking some of my friends up, you know buy new gear here and just shipping it to them. Let me know if you need something.....

Just to let you know, your SL50 is in the mail! :D

Hi Tim,

DEMA was great except for the fact that I was sick all week. This year's show was much better compared to last year's show because of the environment. Everyone just looked like they didn't want to be at Houston last year. We had a lot of people comming to see our products and we had some commercial divers and search and rescue workers showing a lot of interest in our products becuase of the tough design. People were also amazed at how bright the lights were when they turned them on inside the convetion center. A lot of the "old school" dive shop owners who are used to carrying only the $50-100 dive lights were just amazed becuase they've never seen anything like it.

We also had an underwater archaeologist and filmmaker comming by to our booth to borrow some of our video lights for the weekend for their latest project, which could be licensed by National Geographics or Discovery. They borrowed a TL50 Twin Beam and two SL50s for their new JVC High Definition camcorders. They mounted the TL50 Twin Beam on the Ike Light housing and the two SL50s on the bottom of a JVC housing. On tuesday they emailed me back and told me the project was a success and they retrived some artifacts from 4000-7000 years ago. After they are done editing the videos I'll see if I can post some clips on our website.

I think more and more scubaboard members are starting to use our products, if anyone is currentlly using it please feel free to post your comments here!

NLI Tim:
I think more and more scubaboard members are starting to use our products, if anyone is currentlly using it please feel free to post your comments here!

I just received mine (SL50) today and it's charging right now. I won't get to try it out underwater for a while though, but eventually I will leave feedback.

Just a question about the charging: The charger has a light on it that was red (charge quickly) when I first plugged it in, but after about 1-2h of charging the light turned green (trickle charge), so I'm wondering whether that indicates that the battery is basically full? Can I test it with a multimeter to see whether it's full, and if so how?

Nocturnal Lights:
Just to let you know, your SL50 is in the mail! :D

Hey thanks for the update, John! I just sent you an e-mail also. I really appreciate your awsome customer service. You are constantly letting me know about the status of my order and that's good busness keeping the customer informed and making them feel like they are your only priority. Can't wait to use it I dive all the time but I have yet to use a light. Can't wait to see what all the rave is about and what new underwater adventures I'm going to have in those dark areas.

Tim

I'm glad to hear DEMA was a success besides the sick part. I can imagine it's pretty cool hopefully after my 3 years here I'll come back to Cali hopefully Camp Pendleton and I can make it out to Vegas to attend the next DEMA. It was in Vegas wasen't it? I can't remember anyway thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to get in the water as soon as I get off today.......

tribaltim:
Well for now I dicided to go with the SL50 since I'm still a rookie diver and really havent gotten into photography or video yet. I'm still just in aw over all my brand new equipment and now I can add a dive light to my repute. I used to be a big skydiving junkie but their are no USPA Authorized drop zones on the island so I sold all my gear and got into scuba diving I love it.......and from what I'm getting off scuba board I'm making a killing on my certifications and dive gear being here on Okinawa. Everything is so much more inexpensive here compared to what everyone is saying they are paying in the states. I'm actually concidering hooking some of my friends up, you know buy new gear here and just shipping it to them. Let me know if you need something.....

THANKS FOR THE HOOK UP..........

I must say when the time comes for me to pick up my dive light it will without a 2nd thought be a nocturnal TL50 Pro........all my questions have been answered as if I was their only customer.........great customer service......

ScubaFrog01:
THANKS FOR THE HOOK UP..........

I must say when the time comes for me to pick up my dive light it will without a 2nd thought be a nocturnal TL50 Pro........all my questions have been answered as if I was their only customer.........great customer service......

You know, according to the website they have the demo TL50 Pro's up for 35% less than the non-demo ones, and you can use the 15% scubaboard discount on top of that, so it comes out to about a 45% discount. That's why I decided to get my SL50 now rather than later, but I was also indifferent between demo lights and brand new lights. The one I recieved appears to be in great condition, though I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I also has full warrenty.

*Floater*:
I just received mine (SL50) today and it's charging right now. I won't get to try it out underwater for a while though, but eventually I will leave feedback.

Just a question about the charging: The charger has a light on it that was red (charge quickly) when I first plugged it in, but after about 1-2h of charging the light turned green (trickle charge), so I'm wondering whether that indicates that the battery is basically full? Can I test it with a multimeter to see whether it's full, and if so how?
Yes, you can test it with a multimeter, it should read about 16.5 volts when full. However, when the battery is depleted, it typically takes ~ 10hrs for it to reach a full charge.

Nocturnal Lights:
Yes, you can test it with a multimeter, it should read about 16.5 volts when full. However, when the battery is depleted, it typically takes ~ 10hrs for it to reach a full charge.

After a night of charging I got 17.1 volts out of it. :D

Also, I completed my inspection and all the bulbs work, and everything seems to be in great condition. I won't dive with it until my Christmas vacation, but I'll include more feedback then.

I can't wait to get my light, I went diving after work yesterday and when I got out of the water it was dark so it will really come in handy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom