Nocturnal lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jason,

1. All of the cords on the Nocturnal Lights TL series dive lights are 1.5 meters long, which is about 5 feet long and the cords cannot be changed. It's a pretty good length no matter where you mount the battery pack. If you think the wire is too long you can just tie it together with the velcro strap which is included in the package.

2. We don't have any goodman style handles yet because there's not enough demand. The lantern grip can be easily removed with an allen wrench. Some of our customers end up making their own DIY handles from hardware stores.

3. We didn't post the average life expectancy of the bulbs becuase it's very difficult to test. A typical MR16 bulb lasts 2000-5000 hours, but becuase the lamps are overvolted, the life is going to be significantly less. This is one of the tradeoffs for having super bright halogen bulbs. The good news it that we have yet to burn out any bulbs, if anything the reflectors crack due to impact before the lights themselves go out. On top of that, our typical packages comes with 1 bulb + 2 spares for the single beams, and 2 bulbs + 2 spares for the twin beams.

4. Yes you can order either a narrow beam or a wide beam. We usually recommend narrow beams (12 degrees) for diving, and wide beam (60 degrees) for videos. You can specify what you want at the checkout in our webstore. We usually give our customers whatever they want unless we're out of a specific bulb.

5. The TL50 Pros have two 3700mA batteries that are separated from each other can can be used separately or together. When used separately you'll get the same burn time as a TL50. The TL50 Extreme has three 3700mA bundled together, so it could be charged at one time. The TL50 Extreme is a little lighter in the water due to its internal components and the design.

http://www.nocturnallights.com/comp...op/page,shop.browse/category_id,14/Itemid,50/

The TL50 Extreme uses the B37 Extreme whereas the TL50 Pro uses two B37 Pros.

These lights are good alternatives to HIDs becuase you get approximatly the same brightness as a 21w HID, which costs 2-4 times the price, and if you switch to the 20w bulb you can get a long burn time. Plus, replacement bulbs are included, and if you need to buy them they cost $10-15 per bulb.

I'll go ahead and send you some pictures that we took. Most of our customers are pleased with the quality and craftsmanship of our products :)

Tim

NLI Tim:
Hi Jason,

1. All of the cords on the Nocturnal Lights TL series dive lights are 1.5 meters long, which is about 5 feet long and the cords cannot be changed. It's a pretty good length no matter where you mount the battery pack. If you think the wire is too long you can just tie it together with the velcro strap which is included in the package.

2. We don't have any goodman style handles yet because there's not enough demand. The lantern grip can be easily removed with an allen wrench. Some of our customers end up making their own DIY handles from hardware stores.

3. We didn't post the average life expectancy of the bulbs becuase it's very difficult to test. A typical MR16 bulb lasts 2000-5000 hours, but becuase the lamps are overvolted, the life is going to be significantly less. This is one of the tradeoffs for having super bright halogen bulbs. The good news it that we have yet to burn out any bulbs, if anything the reflectors crack due to impact before the lights themselves go out. On top of that, our typical packages comes with 1 bulb + 2 spares for the single beams, and 2 bulbs + 2 spares for the twin beams.

4. Yes you can order either a narrow beam or a wide beam. We usually recommend narrow beams (12 degrees) for diving, and wide beam (60 degrees) for videos. You can specify what you want at the checkout in our webstore. We usually give our customers whatever they want unless we're out of a specific bulb.

5. The TL50 Pros have two 3700mA batteries that are separated from each other can can be used separately or together. When used separately you'll get the same burn time as a TL50. The TL50 Extreme has three 3700mA bundled together, so it could be charged at one time. The TL50 Extreme is a little lighter in the water due to its internal components and the design.

http://www.nocturnallights.com/comp...op/page,shop.browse/category_id,14/Itemid,50/

The TL50 Extreme uses the B37 Extreme whereas the TL50 Pro uses two B37 Pros.

These lights are good alternatives to HIDs becuase you get approximatly the same brightness as a 21w HID, which costs 2-4 times the price, and if you switch to the 20w bulb you can get a long burn time. Plus, replacement bulbs are included, and if you need to buy them they cost $10-15 per bulb.

I'll go ahead and send you some pictures that we took. Most of our customers are pleased with the quality and craftsmanship of our products :)

Tim

Tim thanks for posting this information........alot of questions here i had not thought of..

No Problem, I'm going to take this information and add them to our website. Some of these questions really do display the value that people can find in our products :)

NLI Tim:
No Problem, I'm going to take this information and add them to our website. Some of these questions really do display the value that people can find in our products :)

Tim thanks you for your time in answering all of our questions. IMO, it shows what type of customer support we can expect to receive. I have yet another question. Is the wiring which connects the battery to the light head replaceable? If so how is it connected to each end.

once again thank you

Hi ScubaFrog,

It's my pleasure. I should thank you guys for asking these great questions. We've never had any customers have any problems with the wiring, so currently we are not offering any wiring replacements. The wiring is extremely "beefy" so it will take a lot to damage it. Anyhow, if you do need any replacements for any reason in the future, you can just send it back to us and we'll charge you a reasonable fee to fix it for you. Other than that, you shouldn't have to worry about the wriring.

All of our lights comes with a 3 month limited warranty on the batteries and bulbs, and a 3 year warranty on the lamps. If you do have any problems with the wiring within 3 years of your purchase you can send it back to us and we will repair/replace it for free.

NLI Tim:
Hi ScubaFrog,

It's my pleasure. I should thank you guys for asking these great questions. We've never had any customers have any problems with the wiring, so currently we are not offering any wiring replacements. The wiring is extremely "beefy" so it will take a lot to damage it. Anyhow, if you do need any replacements for any reason in the future, you can just send it back to us and we'll charge you a reasonable fee to fix it for you. Other than that, you shouldn't have to worry about the wriring.

All of our lights comes with a 3 month limited warranty on the batteries and bulbs, and a 3 year warranty on the lamps. If you do have any problems with the wiring within 3 years of your purchase you can send it back to us and we will repair/replace it for free.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

If I am late on my responses next week it's becuase I'll be at DEMA. However, I'll still try to answer any emails and visit Scubaboard as much as I can.

NLI Tim:
If I am late on my responses next week it's becuase I'll be at DEMA. However, I'll still try to answer any emails and visit Scubaboard as much as I can.

Tim thanks for the great information I found in this thread and thanks for the discount. I have just purchased one of your dive lights hope it dosen't take long to get here. I'm on Okinawa! Hope your haveing a good time at the DEMA.

Tim

tribaltim:
Tim thanks for the great information I found in this thread and thanks for the discount. I have just purchased one of your dive lights hope it dosen't take long to get here. I'm on Okinawa! Hope your haveing a good time at the DEMA.

Tim

this is great.........let us know what you think of the light once you get it. Which one did you pick up..........come on now share.

ScubaFrog01:
this is great.........let us know what you think of the light once you get it. Which one did you pick up..........come on now share.

Well for now I dicided to go with the SL50 since I'm still a rookie diver and really havent gotten into photography or video yet. I'm still just in aw over all my brand new equipment and now I can add a dive light to my repute. I used to be a big skydiving junkie but their are no USPA Authorized drop zones on the island so I sold all my gear and got into scuba diving I love it.......and from what I'm getting off scuba board I'm making a killing on my certifications and dive gear being here on Okinawa. Everything is so much more inexpensive here compared to what everyone is saying they are paying in the states. I'm actually concidering hooking some of my friends up, you know buy new gear here and just shipping it to them. Let me know if you need something.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom