No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been gettin alot of PM rain the last few days... Gunna be hard to call it.. Ill be out all weekend. Wont be in the boneyard tho..... Ill try and post a report.

seeing some eastern winds going by... good thing in theory... anyone been out lately/had any reports? Thank you in advance!

today water temp 82 little thermocline on way down
Vis 8-10 ft
winds east.
few jelly fish seems like east winds pushing them back offshore
going to be good weekend other then afternoon rain proably

Hey everyone. Im thinking about a Labor Day shore dive. Looks like we have some random winds pushing this weekend. How do you think viz will be?

See my post under weather/ water conditions. I am beach diving only. Viz has been good but variable. Closer to the blocks or natural reef the viz has been better than over the open sand. The snot in the water reduces viz considerably if you come into a thick patch of it.

See my post under weather/ water conditions. I am beach diving only. Viz has been good but variable. Closer to the blocks or natural reef the viz has been better than over the open sand. The snot in the water reduces viz considerably if you come into a thick patch of it.

Thank you diva. I have been up on the reports and see that the viz has been pretty decent in spots. It doesn't look like it should change too much on into the weekend... I guess we will see.

Contrary to rumor I didn't get eaten... back on diving/board... been months. Any updates on things? Have been seeing some posts. Curious about if a 5mil is needed / 3mm or nothing :) Also seeing strong NE winds... how is that kicking the viz? Normally NE is good, but 20+ ??? Let me know what the Magic 8 Ball says... Hope to be out Sunday... Enjoy the Journey!

Tooth posted that viz was non existent last weekend. We had a week of east winds & then the front went through on Wednesday & winds have been northeast. :confused: I figure I'll wait & see if anyone posts tomorrow & I may give it a try on Sunday. When I went 2 weeks ago water temp was 75. I wore a 3 mil, farmer john combo with no hood & it was okay for the first hour but I didn't do a second hour cuz I was cold. I figure I'll stick with the 3 mil & try the hood.

ran trip Thurs 6-8 ft of vis, on wednesday 1-2 ft vis,, Thurs last dive around 4pm winds picked up from front t=out of northwest vis back down 1-2 ft today winds on beach ne today ... Going to run sat am trip will post vis from boat around 9am for all intrested
water temp 73 I would be wearing 5m now maybe 3m w hood but why chance getting cold w 3m ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom