No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

checked out the water conditions earlier today with winds coming directly out of the East, looked like doable to me

I was going to give it a try today but the tides are so low I couldn't get the boat in the water. If the east wind holds I would think it should clear up.

Thanks for the report.

Pictures taken at the beach with the wind blowing directly at your back are worthless for assesing water conditions more than 100 yards from the beachfront. Maybe if you walked out to the end of the Venice jetties you might get a clearer picture.

For anyone that hasn't consulted the NOAA weather forecast for today:

GMZ850-853-856-071715-
TARPON SPRINGS TO SUWANNEE RIVER OUT 20 NM-
ENGLEWOOD TO TARPON SPRINGS OUT 20 NM-
BONITA BEACH TO ENGLEWOOD OUT 20 NM-
[SIZE=+1]414 AM EST SAT NOV 7 2009[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]TODAY[/SIZE]
NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS CHOPPY.

Anyone going offshore today is NOT showing good seamanship or using common sense!

Venice-Service club Beach Nov,07 2009

water conditions were pretty good today, water temp at surface was 81,
bottom temp was 72. windy, out of the east but, no waves, less than 1 foot great day if you had a boat out there...visability at 18 -22ft depth was 3ft opening up to about 5ft, over all not a bad day.
Found a few teeth even a small meg and mako.
pic to soon follow...Dm Bob

Attachments

• Venice Beach 110709 001.JPG
    Venice Beach 110709 001.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Venice Beach 110709 002.JPG
    Venice Beach 110709 002.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Venice Beach 110709 003.JPG
    Venice Beach 110709 003.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Venice Beach 110709 004.JPG
    Venice Beach 110709 004.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 53
For anyone that hasn't consulted the NOAA weather forecast for today:

GMZ850-853-856-071715-
TARPON SPRINGS TO SUWANNEE RIVER OUT 20 NM-
ENGLEWOOD TO TARPON SPRINGS OUT 20 NM-
BONITA BEACH TO ENGLEWOOD OUT 20 NM-
[SIZE=+1]414 AM EST SAT NOV 7 2009[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]TODAY[/SIZE]
NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS CHOPPY.

Anyone going offshore today is NOT showing good seamanship or using common sense!

Mike,

two miles off the beach, where the tooth divers go, is NOT going to be affected by this. You know that as well as I do. Strong Easterly winds flatten out the surf and the wind waves won't start until several miles out. Sure, true off-shore boating is not a good idea this weekend, but the reality of the situation is that there is no reason for the boaters to stay ashore if they are heading to the boneyard. You can see it for yourself with the pictures.

Now, I am not going to tell you that YOU have to do anything. As a matter of fact, I would say that given appropriate information, people are free to make their own decisions. Your opinion may very well in fact differ from my own. But we all know what opinions are like.

DM Jim

to continue with some reality here is the point forecast - from NOAA - for 3NM SW of the Venice inlet:

Tonight: ENE wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.

Sunday: E wind 13 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.

Sunday Night: E wind around 18 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.

Monday: ESE wind around 18 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.

Monday Night: ESE wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.

Venice-Service club Beach Nov,07 2009

water conditions were pretty good today, water temp at surface was 81,
bottom temp was 72. windy, out of the east but, no waves, less than 1 foot great day if you had a boat out there...visability at 18 -22ft depth was 3ft opening up to about 5ft, over all not a bad day.
Found a few teeth even a small meg and mako.
pic to soon follow...Dm Bob

Thanks for the report. I would have thought the viz would have been a little better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom