No subject, lets just get to know each other

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I find the time now and again to go diving. That is why if you look at my dive log you would see I am still 4 dives short of the 100 dive mark. I would dive more if I could find a regular partner. My last dive partner committed suicide a couple of years ago (she became very, very depressed and decided to end her life - I found her body 10 days later ;-0 ) and I am still looking for a new dive partner. :(

I also quit the dive shop gig so I could spend more time with my daughter before she heads off to college. :eek:

So, if you are looking for a dive buddy that like's to take it slow and doesn't mind being paired with a newbe, drop me a line sometime.

Sorry to hear that, it must have been a horrible time.

Have you intorduced yourself in the Texas NDI area yet ? I'm sure they'll help you get to 100

hey polkster13...
i'm sorry to have read about your last diving partner...
i was shocked reading it...
it must have been hard...
anyway, good luck on your hundredth...

Hi All,

I've only been diving since Oct '02 but I have to say that the diving community is like no other. I stumbled onto diving as a way to pass the time in the middle of nowhere (where I work) but quickly fell in love. I'm now a soon-to-be certified DM and I'll soon be starting my AI with plans of taking the IE in Feb '04. I'll also be starting tech diving next month. I've been so bit by the diving bug that I've found myself planning the near future around it...that is to work 10.5 months, travel and dive 1.5 months. I'm fortunate in that working in the middle of nowhere affords me that luxury :). To share a little about myself I'm a 30 y/o (rapidly approaching 31) single male from all over the place. I have a 10' x 10' storage facility in Houston, TX I call home, work out of an office London, England that I've been meaning to go see, and manage projects in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. Outside of diving and travel my other hobbies are photography (which I'll take underwater once I learn to trust a camera housing with my baby) and golf (which here is one really big sand bunker with a hole). If the online diving community is half as friendly as the real life community, I look forward to meeting some great people.

Kal

Enjoyed reading about all you fellow divers.

I’m Bob, and live in Palatine, IL (NW Chicago). I was born in Mexico City, grew up near Cleveland. Went to Kent State University ’81. I have always loved the ocean and took to diving like a fish. Logged 71 dives since ’98 and plan on getting my AOW at the end of Dec. Never dived in the Midwest or fresh water. Dove several times in Cozumel and Florida. Also, dove Caymans, Dominica, and Costa Rica. Loved every one, however Cozumel is a favorite for it’s easy access, value and the fact that every dive seems different and exciting. Certified in Key Largo, so it holds a special place in my logbook.

Diving is second to my kids. They are my greatest source of happiness and fulfillment. I am a single Dad. My 16 yr old son lives with me and my 12 yr old daughter lives with her Mom, close by. By the way, her name is Marie:). Both kids have tried snuba and did great. Hope they choose to pursue diving and that we take some great dive trips together. Right now they are just happy, sweet midwestern kids, having fun and preparing for college. We go skiing out west every Spring Break. We go camping together and have done some fun trips like rafting in Colorado. So I am a full time Dad and get to dive when my kids are with their Mom, which is after Christmas, two weeks during the summer and several long weekends.

Personally, I would love to have an SO, however I’ve just not met the right person yet or I’ve not been the right person for someone. Hope to meet her someday soon and really hope she is a diver. I’ve been fixed-up, set-up and matched-up to many times to count. Friends say they can’t believe I’m not remarried yet. Eight years does sound like a long time, however when you have a full life, it goes by very fast. Till I find that right person, I’ll enjoy diving, skiing, running marathons, white water rafting and growing up with my kids.

My next adventure is on Dec.27, when I board the Nekton in Puerto Rico. I am counting down the days and have a hard time staying focused at work. I want buy a new mask, probably the Mares X-Vision and some other toys. Christmas presents, you know.

Look forward to reading more about you guys in our dive community.

:):) CUBS ARE WINNING :) :)

I'm a newbie, so here goes....

I've been having the time of my life since being certified in 2000. I've always loved the water and I'm so happy to finally be able to explore what's below the surface. I'm AOW certified with around 225 dives in such places as Grand Cayman, Bonaire, Cozumel, Sea of Cortez, West Palm, Key Largo, and various spots around the Carolinas.

I'm single, 50-something, and I have 1 grown daughter. I work for a large bank working in online banking support.

When I not diving, I'm usually involved in a project around my home. I also enjoy gourmet cooking, making fun jewelry for myself, and volunteering at both the SC Aquarium in Charleston and Discovery Place in Charlotte, NC.

My best girlfriends are other women divers! Woo Hoo, girls!

Hi all,

I've been reading this forum for a long time, but don't really write much. I'm Brazilian, living in Northern California since 1997. Got my OWD in 1995 and my rescue early 1997. Had my divemaster training, but didn't have time to finish it because of the move to CA. Will eventually do it when I get back to Brazil.

My diving experience is mostly in warm waters - Brazil, Bonaire, Venezuela and Mexico. My first cold water experience was in Argentina, and from there I started diving Monterey. Replaced my 5mm wetsuit for a 7mm one and finally I'm getting used to the cold water.

Love to meet divers and talk about diving. Happy hours during the week, and dives in the weekend. That's a great week for me.

SCFran once bubbled...
I'm a newbie, so here goes....

I've been having the time of my life since being certified in 2000. I've always loved the water and I'm so happy to finally be able to explore what's below the surface. I'm AOW certified with around 225 dives in such places as Grand Cayman, Bonaire, Cozumel, Sea of Cortez, West Palm, Key Largo, and various spots around the Carolinas.

I'm single, 50-something, and I have 1 grown daughter. I work for a large bank working in online banking support.

When I not diving, I'm usually involved in a project around my home. I also enjoy gourmet cooking, making fun jewelry for myself, and volunteering at both the SC Aquarium in Charleston and Discovery Place in Charlotte, NC.

My best girlfriends are other women divers! Woo Hoo, girls!

Welcome ot the party line...

don

kabdalla once bubbled...
Hi All,

I've only been diving since Oct '02 but I have to say that the diving community is like no other.
Kal

Welcome to the party line...

don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom