No pony on solo shallow teeth dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I would love to take @The Chairman ‘s class... carrying a stage bottle and a flag sounds difficult. I just added a kangaroo pocket to my BC... hoping for a Meg tooth!

I solo dive Venice all the time and have never ever used a pony there.

Do you always bring bailout on CCR, even on extremely shallow dives?

There is an awesome muck dive near me that I do regularly - doing it this afternoon. It's in about 4-8 feet of water. Now I ALWAYS carry bailout because I always carry bailout, but I guess it's a similar question. I don't have a BOV, so it would be about as difficult to switch to OC as it would be to just stand up.

Not Venice but BHB and no pony there.

In fact, I tend to carry a pony less the more comfortable I am with my diving skills. And perhaps that is complacency or overconfidence. But as others have said, if I feel comfortable with my gear, the depth and possible urgent ascent, I do not carry one.

Do you always bring bailout on CCR, even on extremely shallow dives?
Yes, but it's kind of built in with my Shrimp BOV and goes off of my Dil. I haven't dove Venice on my SF2. A 120 gives me about three hours of diving there and I am usually bored by then. :D

Yes, but it's kind of built in with my Shrimp BOV and goes off of my Dil. I haven't dove Venice on my SF2. A 120 gives me about three hours of diving there and I am usually bored by then. :D

What usually happens is I do an ocean wreck dive, and then I have an hour or so left on my scrubber so I just finish it off at the back bay later that weekend. I wouldn't bother building it to just do the shore dive. But hey, hours are hours, and shallow dives are more challenging than deep ones! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom