No pockets on BC. Where to add a 'dump pouch' for random stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danpass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm using an Aeris EX Lite BC and don't want to add any pockets to it.

So I'm wondering what the ideal place would be to add one to a full westuit (with neoprene glue I guess?). Perhaps something that straps on ....

A small pocket on a forearm?

Frontal thigh?

I'm posting this in the Tech section as it looks like I prefer the 'tech way' of setups lol.

Pockets on your thigh work best for accessability. I have them glued onto my wet suits.

There are also various pocket options, including the ones that strap on your thigh. XS Scuba makes a pocket that can either be attached with webbing or clipped to you BC. XS Scuba Pockets

As above or try pocket shorts from pirahana dive or DRIS.

I have 3 suits I glued pockets on and two that came with them - my drysuit and my custom 3 mil. I will never buy another suit that doesn't come with pockets on the thighs. Wet or dry.

Agree with everybody else--either mount pockets on your wet/dry suit or a get separate pair of shorts. The shorts from XS Scuba run a little big, and I had a return a pair of size Large and get Mediums. They're cut nicer than the old X-Shorts.

(...unless you're using a side-mount harnesses such as the Razor, which comes with a tasteful man purse to hang on the back. You just unclip it and bring it around front to rummage around in it.)

Last edited:
little more can be said. I have 2 thigh pockets on my DS, and a thigh pocket in my WS (other side is set up for a DR "clip on" pocket off my BP/W). With a BP, there are no pockets. On my BP, I have a pocket on the back for a DSMB and a spool. Everything else is on the harness, or in the thigh pockets. Hasn't been a problem yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom