No notification for deleted posts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JeffG:
Drop down list

a) Post was mean
b) Post was too sexy for SB
c) Post was too funny for the DIR forum

:wink:
those work well for you... but what about everyone else? :rofl3:

How often do you have posts deleted Howard?

10 posts a thread being pulled would seem to be a reasonable time for a Mod post advisory. The reasons for deleted or edited posts are often obvious, but I think I generally receive courtesy PMs anyway, but then - mine are usually posting to an offending post that is subsequently removed, not often the offender here. :wink:

DandyDon:
How often do you have posts deleted Howard?

10 posts a thread being pulled would seem to be a reasonable time for a Mod post advisory. The reasons for deleted or edited posts are often obvious, but I think I generally receive courtesy PMs anyway, but then - mine are usually posting to an offending post that is subsequently removed, not often the offender here. :wink:
Not in a long time (several months maybe 6 or more). I've been pretty good lately.

The reason my posts were deleted was because I was responding to someone who was "baiting" and trolling. But I thought I had somewhat diffused the situation.

As I understand it in this case, it was because I responded to the trolling that caused my posts to be deleted. I don't know if the troll was PM'ed though either.

howarde:
As I understand it in this case, it was because I responded to the trolling that caused my posts to be deleted.
The report button is your friend, Howard.

howarde:
Pete - I certainly understand the difficult job the Moderators have. As you know, I am friends with several...

obviously you aren't a good enough friend. some friends they will ask permission from, before editing thier post.

and if they are really favored, and if the post is designed to do harm, or harass, and needs time to work, the MOD working that case will get a full night's sleep before hitting the edit button.

photohikedive:
obviously you aren't a good enough friend. some friends they will ask permission from, before editing thier post.
I once edited a post and PM'd the member about the edit. He had said something mean and against the TOS. I took out the mean and the violation. Because it was a fresh post, the member went back in and edited my edit - changed it to something somewhere between my edit and his original post, where the post was still mean, but not technically a TOS violation.

It made me laugh, and I think we were both OK with the compromise, so we just moved on.

photohikedive:
the MOD working that case will get a full night's sleep before hitting the edit button.
You know, your accusations against the mod in question are completely baseless: there was no animosity or colusion on his part. Frankly, I find this kind of irresponsible finger pointing to be disheartening as well as counter productive.

ScubaBoard is a WORLD WIDE community. Quite ofter the mod dealing with your case is not only in another time zone, but several time zones away. Faulting a person for holding off on a decision when they are fatigued just doesn't make sense. There are a number of times when I have delayed a decision for this very reason and usually in the light of a brand new day the murky decision becomes crystal clear.

photohikedive:
and if they are really favored, and if the post is designed to do harm, or harass, and needs time to work, the MOD working that case will get a full night's sleep before hitting the edit button.
Oh, come on, Pete. PHD is assigning motive, reading what's in the mind of the Mod, and telling the Mod's hidden agenda. Are you suggesting that he's not a prognosticator? That he can't read the thoughts of the mods?

This ability must exist, for so many claim to have this power. :wink:

NetDoc:
... There are a number of times when I have delayed a decision for this very reason and usually in the light of a brand new day the murky decision becomes crystal clear.
or even a slightly different one forms than the one from the night before .. things sometimes look different after a bit of time passes :)

Rick Inman:
This ability must exist, for so many claim to have this power. :wink:
I think that's the specialty course I forgot to take Rick! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom