No Morning Dive After Flight the Day Before with ProDive Mexico?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitch H.

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm in the process of having a very frustrating conversation with the online rep at ProDive Mexico. For some reason, they don't want to allow us to dive the morning dive the morning after our arrival. Besides hydration, what could POSSIBLY be the reason for this?

I have never heard such a BS. Probably they are fully booked that morning & make a ridiculous excuse.

I have done such trips many times, even as far as half way around the world to Indonesia. Never such conversation happened in 11 years of diving.

I'll fly with 10 other divers to Cancun this Friday, arriving there by 5pm & plan to dive in Isla Mujeres on Saturday morning, the next day. No problem expressed by the dive shop.

Last edited:
I fly to Bonaire and dive the SAME day.

One possible reason to not allow the dive the next morning is if there is some sort of orientation procedure that means you are not yet ready to dive.

So I'm in the process of having a very frustrating conversation with the online rep at ProDive Mexico. For some reason, they don't want to allow us to dive the morning dive the morning after our arrival. Besides hydration, what could POSSIBLY be the reason for this?

NO other legitimate reason. Are you arriving at midnight or something?

Edit: Okay, tursiops is right that it might have something to do with needing to get things squared away with the dive shop, and there may not be time to do that in the morning. It is common to check in at the dive shop, sign the waiver, make sure your gear is good to go, etc., on the day of arrival. However, I think the dive ops with the better customer service have ways around that if a particular customer's schedule requires it.

I've never heard of any shops in Cozumel with that policy.

There are about 80+ other shops to choose from. Try out one of the more seasoned and tenured ops and you won't be disappointed. Here are some shops that have been around much longer and/or are newer but have seasoned Cozumel staff and run small fast boats vs the larger resort cattle boats. Just to name a few in no particular order...you will have an excellent experience with any of these shops. You are not limited to or restricted to in any way the dive op at your hotel.

Aldora
Blue XT~Sea
Liquid Blue
Deep Blue
Scuba Mau
Living Underwater
Dive with Martin
Dive with Alison
Scuba Tony
Tres Pelicanos

We arrive at 3:15 and we should be at the hotel no later than 4:30.

I have never heard such a BS. Probably they are fully booked that morning & make a ridiculous excuse.

I have done such trips many times, even as far as half way around the world to Indonesia. Never such conversation happened in 11 years of diving.

I'll fly with 10 other divers to Cancun this Friday, arriving there by 5pm & plan to dive in Isla Mujeres on Saturday morning, the next day. No problem expressed by the dive shop.

I've never heard anything like it either.

ProDive normally starts the day with a deeper dive. If they have not checked you out on a shallower check-out excursion they may be a bit reticent to allow you on the first dive of the day. Suggest that you go to the dive shop as soon as you check in and talk to them. If you have dived with them before, it will not be a problem.

I dove with Pro Dive in Playa del Carmen in June. Their dive profiles every day were an 80-90 feet early, 50-60 feet mid morning, and 30-50 feet for both afternoon dives.

They wanted us to do easier, afternoon dives our first day to see our ability. After that, I could do any dive I wanted.

My guess is they want to see your ability before allowing you to to the morning advanced profiles.

Back
Top Bottom