No more Night diving at BH!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron,
There is one they are trying to open down south of the springs and I think there is another up towards WYO. I have heard of these as well, but have not heard when they will be approved for divers. Any time I ask my LDS about them they tell of different problems the owners of the property are having. This is all second hand info and I will belive it when I see it open to us. Have heard these rumors for over a year now and still no new training area. just my .02

Thanks. I've heard rumors as well, but that is all that they have been. I heard a rumor that some hugely rich dude had created a spring fed diving site somewhere down south, but no one knows who that is, if it's true, etc.

I've also heard rumors of the warm water spriing fed diving area to be opened to the public at some future date. These rumors have been around for at lest 2 years. It's entirely possible. CO certainly has plenty of hot springs in the Glenwood area, all along the 285 corridor, and in other areas. I would LOVE a Hole type place to dive that was a lot closer.

Unfortunately, so far rumors is all I have heard, and there has been very little facts to support such statements. I'm not holding my breath! I would think that anyone that actually had such a gem of a spring that was worth diving who wanted to make it public would be very vocal as marking such a property would be required, so they would want to diving public to be very aware of such a project. There would also be a trail of legal paperwork if such a property and project was in existance.

the rumors about the warm-water spring (nw of Pueblo) for diving are true - or at least they were 3 years ago. A dive shop in Colo Springs had the agreement with the land-owner but he was elderly and died, his surviving family nixed the idea. It may be that they have come to a new agreement.

Getting locked in BH really sucks. I would really be pissed off. Isn't that sorta like being held against your will - kidnapping? Sounds like a lawsuit to me.
When we were down in Oct, they never came and unlocked the gate at all on Sunday. We ended up all parking over by Stella's... and there were several dozen people there! We all called and got no answer at the phone numbers for the city. Things just aren't working very well at BH anymore. :shakehead:

robin

the rumors about the warm-water spring (nw of Pueblo) for diving are true - or at least they were 3 years ago. A dive shop in Colo Springs had the agreement with the land-owner but he was elderly and died, his surviving family nixed the idea. It may be that they have come to a new agreement.

That would be so cool, assuming the diving was better than in places like Aurora Res! :popcorn:

There are only a few LDS's in CO springs. Maybe Rick, you could do a bit of leg work now that you have an approximate location for said Dive Site, and determine if any of the CO Springs shops are working such a deal.

Unfortunately the LDS resources are not those of a business like say American Express. If such a thing comes to pass, we can only wait and see what they might want to charge to use such a facility.

If anyone has further information on this please post. It's possible that one of the Denver Shops would be interested in such a venture. I know the owners of A1, as do several members of SB.

I know the details of the site near Ft Collins. I'm not sure that those details can be divulged at this time. I can tell you a few things.
It will be a warm water site. Temps in the 80s. Water will be clear. Most all hoops have been cleared. Founder of project looking for an investor or two, and then it will roll. I know that PADI has initially approved it as an OW site.

PM me if you want to invest. I'll introduce you to the guy driving the project.

I know the details of the site near Ft Collins. I'm not sure that those details can be divulged at this time. I can tell you a few things.
It will be a warm water site. Temps in the 80s. Water will be clear. Most all hoops have been cleared. Founder of project looking for an investor or two, and then it will roll. I know that PADI has initially approved it as an OW site.

PM me if you want to invest. I'll introduce you to the guy driving the project.

Given the prices charged down at the Crater, It may not be a bad investment.

the rumors about the warm-water spring (nw of Pueblo) for diving are true - or at least they were 3 years ago. A dive shop in Colo Springs had the agreement with the land-owner but he was elderly and died, his surviving family nixed the idea. It may be that they have come to a new agreement. <snip>

robin

The problem was that when he died, the family decided to raise the price by over $1million, but there is another warm water site in the works in Pueblo.

Back
Top Bottom