No more Liquivision - What are you using

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using the Nitek Q. I love the function and display, but I've had 1 flood through the USB port and had the buttons stop working (magnets get weak) on 2 others. So overall I cannot recommend the Nitek Q.

As said, hard to beat a Shearwater. 7-10 gasses, why???

I had a Petrel 2. I bought a SeaBear H3. Had them both for a while. Sold the Petrel 2 and do not miss it one bit.

However, if I needed a computer today, I would hold off on buying an H3 until ScubaPro releases their version of it. Until they do that, it is unclear whether they are going to actually support the SeaBear version of the H3 - i.e. with firmware updates and battery replacements (as needed). Unless you can find a SeaBear for a steal of a price, of course...

can't get OSTC in the US unfortunately which is a huge drag. Can't recommend the Nitek Q due to the screen being terrible. Only tech computer I'd look at right now is the Petrel/Perdix

The 5 gas thing on the Shearwater is a non-issue because if you really need more than 5 gasses you can reprogram on the fly.

The 5 gas thing on the Shearwater is a non-issue because if you really need more than 5 gasses you can reprogram on the fly.

I'm not sure that I'd like to get to the point where that would be an issue. That sounds like a lot of deco.

Yeah, but for a 300' OC dive, if you were trying to optimize your deco, 5 gas switches wouldn't be outrageous (bottom mix, 190' gas, 120' gas, 70' gas, and oxygen).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom