No Fly Times

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely, but the question who's recommended time? NOAA, PADI, DAN, Pelagic? They don't agree with each other.

With the agency you trained with!

With the agency you trained with!

Not a good answer for anyone but a rank novice.
- Many of us have trained with multiple agencies over the years, so still which one.
- NOAA publishes tables/data that actually address the issue (ascent to altitude) and is highly respected, but is not a public training agency.
- DAN does not certify divers in the classic sense, but has a huge amount of experience with recreational divers and issues that should not be ignored

If I had to pick one agency to follow on this one it would be NOAA (not one I have trained with) because their data is published and vetted to some extent by the scientific community.

Not a good answer for anyone but a rank novice.
- Many of us have trained with multiple agencies over the years, so still which one.
- NOAA publishes tables/data that actually address the issue (ascent to altitude) and is highly respected, but is not a public training agency.
- DAN does not certify divers in the classic sense, but has a huge amount of experience with recreational divers and issues that should not be ignored

If I had to pick one agency to follow on this one it would be NOAA (not one I have trained with) because their data is published and vetted to some extent by the scientific community.
I believe DAN's research was published as well. PADI follows DAN's recommendations, so there is no difference there.

Back
Top Bottom