"Nitrox" tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
That depends on what type of fill the dive shop can give you. Partial pressure fills require O2 clean tanks, no matter what the mix.

Whoops.
*slaps self*
:shakehead :shakehead sorry...

Probably worth reiterating the main reason for marking EAN tanks. It's so they don't accidently get used by someone thinking they contain air and thus maybe used below their maximum depth.

Personally, I like the nitrox coloured stickers which just say "THIS IS NOT YOUR TANK!".

None of my Nitrox tanks are marked, unless you know how to read the stickers which indicate it's O2 safe. I refuse to allow the stickers on my tanks, they're steel and so far it's not a problem. No shop has refused me, and in fact they're often told me they have other divers with exactly the same dislike of the Nitrox Stickers.

The way I look at it is this, it's my tank and only I dive it. You're not going to use my tanks and I'm not going to loan it to you. I know what is in it, the duct tape even says what the mix and mod are that's good enough for me.

No Nitrox labels here, never will be. I might as a joke put the Voodoo Gas label on it, but really my main concern is hidden rust and so that's why I don't like stickers. On an AL tank I'd have no cause for concern, they're cheap enough anyhow.

Personally I'd get my tank O2 cleaned and thereafter use Nitrox or on rare occasions I'll use plain air that's compatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom