Nitrox speciality question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second " buying your own analyzer" . If you can run a solder iron get an el-chepo from oxycheck for 100 bucks and you are set to go for years of use. Mine is now 10 yr old. It seams that it is very accurate in the states, however it reads quite low in mexico. hmmmm. the very reason to have one i guess.

In years past, non-air diving was restricted to the military and commercial diving industries. In these sectors, it was and is acceptable for the diver to trust that the fill was proper or observe the analysis check. Perhaps your course was an early one, or your Instructor failed to make this point. Today many divers perform an independent analysis of the gas. This is a simple process, that doesn't necessitate you re-doing the course. Many dive stores will do an analysis for you as a matter of course. You can always ask for this to be done. If you dive in different locations, you may wish to purchase your own.

If you don't get your own at least learn how to check an analyser and tell the boat or store person that theirs is reading wrong. I was recently at a shop with a bunch of "advanced" divers all whineing about the light blends they received..29-30%.. When I put the shops analyser on an air tank it read 18%.

8 or 10 people who should have known better were happy to trust the shops gear.

Anybody who capitalizes the word "nitrox" needs the refresher course.

This is one of the four important and useful concepts taught in the course.

Back
Top Bottom