Nitrox now or later

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why more is better than less?? All I know is that my brain can't accumulate more stuff without losing stuff.... So for me the less the better.

I can see doing more specialty dive, more instructional courses, etc. etc... But more gas theory for the sakes of more knowledge is alot of hot air to me.

Waste of money, waste of time, gain is little. Unless you just need to do more dives ... Your money is better spent elsewhere.

fisherdvm, cracks me up that you have such a negative attitude towards wanting to learn something new. If it's not for you, move on.

For many, the almost double bottom time, in the depths a lot of people commonly dive, more than pays for the 2 hour class and about 3 hours of reading necessary to complete the class.

I didn't see anything as complicated or confusing, it's just another set of rules and limits and if you use a computer, most of these are set for you.

fisherdvm:
....All I know is that my brain can't accumulate more stuff without losing stuff.... So for me the less the better.

Hey, where did you find out that your brain is 'full' ? If that truely is the case, then guess what.... reading here makes no sense either.... you will not pick up anything. And we dont want you to loose your way home after a hard day at the office reading SB online.

:wink:

Dive-aholic:
What do you mean it is not healthy? I'm hoping this is a translation error. Do you mean it has its risks or are you saying we are damaging our bodies by diving?

you are the instructor and not me ,i would assume you should know better than me about how the pressure works on your body , and water since we left it long time ago , pulls a lot of energie or am i wrong .
to do good we have to consider what we eat:popcorn: , what we drink :coffee: and working out :rofl3: is for sure not wrong ,just to keep up with diving :confused: .
certain dives i would compare with serious long term workout's :huh: .

and damaging sounds way to serious ,what i get out of it mentaly is a good compensation for what i do to the body ,healthy mind healthy body . so long as i belive it ,good it is .
my point is just to get the best out of my diving ,for that i use nitrox:blinking: .

p.s. it makes me almost a lil horny to talk about it :D

Meng Tze, I really think I might have some type of dementia.... After spending 11 years in college earning 2 professional degrees, and 4 years in post grad education, I find that every new thing I learn, I lose another. It is very sad .... I first noted this when I tried to learn a new language, lost the ability to remember German. I think I'll name it brain over load syndrome... Perhaps Nitrox would restore some of my memory??

I think I'll go to the back room and sniff some 100% O2 before I lose my train of thought.

scubapig52:
Right Knowledge is better than wrong knowledge , more knowledge is better than less knowledge , all Nitrox programs are not the same and they are not always right, there is tons of bad information about Nitrox... Andi Safe Air programs has lots of clean information and the programs are full of useful information also, Safe Diving...

andi does have good info , but how about larry ,toni or sally, the don't ???

of course in this buissnes you have to be carfull and inform yourself a lot and ask alot of questions bevore you take a course , but that is pretty much everywhere in life.
thats why it is good to have sb to get all this answers to all this questions , right.

Oh, goody, goody, more stars.... Like collectiing boy scout badges? eh....

artichoke:
Here's another advantage to taking it. In your OW course you had to learn how to use the Table (RDP or whatever your org calls it.) In Nitrox class you will spend much of your learning effort on doing the same tricks with tables for different mixes. Do that while you still remember the table.

Then of course you'll ditch the tables once and for all and use a computer anyway.

I'm doing my Nitrox cert dives as two of the AOW cert dives. Same five dives, get 2 certs, get to visit the wreck for longer.

Ah.... good idea...

Also, "Nitrox is all "book work" there is no skill involved so you could learn it at the same time."

I've heard that before, people would actually learn how to fill tanks, I ask around today, nobody would offer that anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom