Nitrox 1.6 or 1.4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I set mine to 1.6 to get the full benefit of diving nitrox. My alarms are turned off as I am aware of my depth and RBT throughout the dive.

I set mine to 1.4, pretty much always get fills to 32%, and remember the limit of 111'. Incidentally, 111 feet is right around where I start to get narced, so that's right around where my confidence in my ability to maintain depth starts to recede. So, I leave the alarm on (vibrate only), on the off-chance that one day it will keep me from getting just a little too interested in a pretty fishy swimming deeper than my MOD.

Well, if you have an actual dive computer and not a toy, the alert is a effective but discreet vibration, not a smoke detector...
Yep. My toys tend to work just fine. I carry two identical computers. Do you?

You should set the oxygen % to the same oxygen % as what’s in your tank…??
I was wondering if that’s what he meant, or if he was asking what % to ask for when filling the tank.

1.6 for me. It's not like single tank recreational divers are getting ox-tox hits left and right.

The risk of an 02 related CNS hit is so low in single tank non-deco diving that it's almost non-existent, in fact one would be hard pressed to find even one definite case in all of the diving literature.

Back
Top Bottom