Nitox & Genesis GS2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Genesis GS2000 is not made by Oceanic.

Oceanic and Genesis both have regulators manufactured by a 3rd party. The 2nd stages are very similar. The first stages are not the same, though. If you recall, Oceanic had some problems a year or two ago with their 1st stage while Genesis did not.

This is not an uncommon thing in scuba (or in other industries, either).

Genesis had the Valor, US Divers called it the Micra. ProSub made their own regulators, as well as private labled them for various companies for ages.

It goes on and on with computers and gauges, fins, etc...

>Thanks for the info, esp to shrwdtech. When I train for EAN, I will have the service/kit for nitrox.
>Just for f/u: I am VERY pleased with the G 2000. It breathed easily at 105 fsw; the adjustment was very effective in either direction -- increasing or decr. flow. In fact, I could set it for nearly effortless inflow at any depth! And this despite the after-market addition of an Apollo Bio Filter for humidification. (No dry mouth, even on the second dive!) The mouthpiece did pull at the side of my mouth when turning head sideways for which I may consider a Sea-Cure mouthpiece and/or a swivel joint to prevent a salty mouth. ALL IN ALL, DESPITE BEING A NOVICE WITH ONLY 10 DIVES, I CAN'T IMAGINE AN EASIER BREATHER!!!
>The Side-Kick Octo did have considerable resistance, however. I only tested this at 50-60 fsw.

The Sidekick octo will breath considerably more difficult than your primary second stage.

Even though it is a second stage designed to be an octo from the beginning, it is still tuned to avoid free flow, which is going to make it stiffer breathing.

Remember, it's primary function is to get air to the person who needs it in an out of air situation and allow you to get to the surface. As long as you are getting air, be happy for it.

shrwdtech once bubbled...
James.

I am not with any particular dive shop, nor am I interested in lightening any wallets. I am in charge of one of the Technical Support Departments for Sherwood/Genesis scuba.

For safety reasons his GS2000 DOES NEED to be outfitted with the Enriched Air Service Kit prior to use with any mixtures of Enriched Air greater than 21%.

Yes, because if you have 22% O2 in your mix, your regulator will explode.

Say WHAT? Please don't be inflammatory without constructive criticism or data. Please shed ligh, not gasoline on this issue.

Say WHAT? Please don't be inflammatory without constructive criticism or data. Please shed light, not gasoline on this issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom