Nihon USD Sea Frontier 71

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't seem to recall seeing any piston regs by US Divers / Aqualung. Is it possible to get replacement parts? Or I'm guessing it shares similar parts with older SP models?

Can't seem to recall seeing any piston regs by US Divers / Aqualung. Is it possible to get replacement parts? Or I'm guessing it shares similar parts with older SP models?

Calypso...

Unless I can find an equivalent in another make/model I'm gonna guess the chances of getting new parts are slim to nil.

The adjustment knob pin looks like this: how does one remove such a pin? It's diameter is ver small, other than an O ring pick I have nothing small enough to fit in the hole. Cheers.

View attachment 405954

Nice reg........

Looks like the pin has to be fixed pretty tight, otherwise it could fall out anytime you screw the adjuster inwards.

Even with an Apeks I often have to use a punch to get the pin removed.

Probably also a thin nail could work, if you cut the top.....

so the pin is rolled sheet like a regular spring pin but with serrations? A punch is probably your best tool and hopefully, when it was rolled, they kept the teeth below the OD. Pretty reg though - NIB - what a score!

Cheers guys, got the pin out with a bit of force using an appropriate sized hex key as a push rod. Looks reuseable but I might use a spring pin instead. Internally very different from a conshelf, looks like only face plate and inlet tube are the same. Will see what parts are interchangeable.

Last edited:
so the pin is rolled sheet like a regular spring pin but with serrations? A punch is probably your best tool and hopefully, when it was rolled, they kept the teeth below the OD. Pretty reg though - NIB - what a score!

Yes, you are correct.

Well I'll venture re-using the pin won't be an issue. Being that it's probably 316 stainless and not actual spring steel, the serrations were likely done to hold alignment/form rather than for 'bite'. If it's holding IP why are you worried about parts at this point? You said you got it out of curiosity so if it was me, I'd just re-assemble and take it for a test ride. You stole that for $60! or did I misread that and it was $60 more than you wanted to pay? The comma is throwing me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom