Nihon USD Sea Frontier 71

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Trying to get this reg on auction, I'm pretty sure it was a Japan only model. If I win I'll disassemble and take photos if anyone's interested. Don't need another reg but am curious how it compares to the KM Superflow 305-175.

IMG_3880.JPG
IMG_3887.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG

I won it, paid around $60, more than I wanted to. When I get this week I'll disassemble and post photos of both stages.

Last edited:
Are you using eBay Jpn to pick them up or there are other auction/secondary market sites? Just curious. Looks like there are some interesting stuff over on your side of the world.

I avoid eBay whenever possible, usually way over priced with astronomical international shipping.

I use Yahoo Auction, it's all in Japanese and you have to be a resident, proof required, to join. It's a treasure trove of cheap, old, unusual dive gear. Mostly SP, I'd say maybe 70%.

Grats on winning the auction! Have you dissected them yet? Can't wait to see how it compares to other USD regs. These Japanese aqua-lung regs look rather interesting and would like to get one myself if it does share similar parts to conshelf models.

I avoid eBay whenever possible, usually way over priced with astronomical international shipping.

I use Yahoo Auction, it's all in Japanese and you have to be a resident, proof required, to join. It's a treasure trove of cheap, old, unusual dive gear. Mostly SP, I'd say maybe 70%.
Good stuff.

Looks like an interesting reg.

Just got it. Wow, it's new in box. They never said that in the description. The LP ports are on a swivel. Hooked it up to a tank and it actually works. IP is rock solid at 135. It has 4x 3/8 LP ports and 2x 7/16 HP ports. It's a piston reg. Can't get it completely apart as I don't have sockets for Yoke and swivel retainer. I'm going to see if I can source a manual and parts but will assume it'll not be an easy task.

The second stage adjustment knob I cannot remove the pin, it's a serrated piece of cylindrical pipe, it looks like it's not supposed to be removed but that would seem strange. I looked at it with a loupe and there is no hex or screw head, I'm a bit lost on how to get it out. The diaphragm is different from a Conshelf, feels more plasticy.

Anyway, I'll keep playing with it and try to get this adjustment knob pin out.

IMG_2690.JPG
IMG_2687.JPG
IMG_2692.JPG
IMG_2693.JPG
IMG_2698.JPG
IMG_2695.JPG
IMG_2702.JPG
IMG_2701.JPG
IMG_2700.JPG
IMG_2688.JPG

Last edited:
The adjustment knob pin looks like this: how does one remove such a pin? It's diameter is ver small, other than an O ring pick I have nothing small enough to fit in the hole. Cheers.

IMG_2703.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom