Night diving Alexander Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had a lot of people on the st johns river, Crystal River etc try give people a lot of trash thinking they owned the water and water way. The water and water ways are property of the Florida people. As long as you do not step foot on their propoerty, they cannot do anything.

Cypress springs is now only available from the waterway as all of the land around it is private.

Back in 98 I dove Alexander. The park brochure instructed people to be out of the water by 5 P.M. and the park closed at 7 P.M. I thought it was a life gaurd thing. It was a gator thing, I ran into one. The rules are do to the gators comming out and satrting to feed at 5P.M.

I then got into trouble for "harrassing" a protected spcecies.

Last year I was plowed down by a large gator at Morrison.

A dive shop once told me that gators do not go up into the springs do to the cold water.

I have seen them more then once laying on the bottom at the spring outflow.

There is a lot of willdlife in the parks, they are protected and there is food there.

I would not recommend diving the springs at night.

We have not even started with the snakes

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom