Night Dive-G City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RaixenViper

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Yo! I am wondering if it would be a good idea if I go night diving with the Beach Crabs on this wednesday even though if I only hold OW certification?

Or do I need to take the AOW first in order to go night diving or the speciality course as well? Lemme know since I want to make some night dives soon!

Yo! I am wondering if it would be a good idea if I go night diving with the Beach Crabs on this wednesday even though if I only hold OW certification?

Or do I need to take the AOW first in order to go night diving or the speciality course as well? Lemme know since I want to make some night dives soon!

Hi,

How many beach dives do you have? I usually suggest that divers get a little experiance during the day first, before doing a night dive. Also, Make sure you are with a well experianced diver, as a buddy, when doing your first couple dives. Myself or one of the other well experianced divers, with the Beach Crabs, will be more than happy to buddy up with you, for your first. There are a few points about the dive that must be gone over before you dive. Some are conditions, signeling, lights, navigation, just to mention a few.

I suggest getting some experiance, during the day, dive the site during the day (to get familiar with it), and talk to your dive buddy to learn all you can before doing a night dive.

We are here for you, so ask away:D

Rick

Hi,

How many beach dives do you have? I usually suggest that divers get a little experiance during the day first, before doing a night dive. Also, Make sure you are with a well experianced diver, as a buddy, when doing your first couple dives. Myself or one of the other well experianced divers, with the Beach Crabs, will be more than happy to buddy up with you, for your first. There are a few points about the dive that must be gone over before you dive. Some are conditions, signeling, lights, navigation, just to mention a few.

I suggest getting some experiance, during the day, dive the site during the day (to get familiar with it), and talk to your dive buddy to learn all you can before doing a night dive.

We are here for you, so ask away:D

Rick

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Billy

I have 5 dives with one beach dive under my belt right now. That is why I am looking forward to dive more to get the experience. I will wait and dive more during the daytime and at the beaches that I would dive at night later on in order not to risk anyone's life nor mine. It sucks having to wait. HahaH

Thanks, Rick, for the support.

No need for that AOW card, but as already stated, it's a good idea to be comfortable diving the spot before adding more task loading diving at night. This is the group to help you get comfortable doing beach dives.
Understand you are planing to show up @ Vet's this weekend (Saddly, I can't make it) ... it is great place to dive at night (in fact more to see at night than day time).... get a dive or two that day and see if anyone is hanging around for night dives and join in.... if your'e comfortable, have the proper lights, and an experiance buddie to go with, etc. Enjoy!

Alright, looking forward to it!

I am really up for anything and I pick up skills really quick so it is no big challenge for me. I have almost no fear. Note I said "almost" which means I have one or two. HaH But yeah, that's why I am not that concerned but I gotta adhere by experienced divers' knowledge since they have been in the underworld of the waters longer than me. =D

I have 5 dives with one beach dive under my belt right now. That is why I am looking forward to dive more to get the experience. I will wait and dive more during the daytime and at the beaches that I would dive at night later on in order not to risk anyone's life nor mine. It sucks having to wait. HahaH

Thanks, Rick, for the support.

Just rember good things come to those who wait :D

Back
Top Bottom