Newish diver looking for "other Answers"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billeelou

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Fins question.....I've Used split Scubapro/long blades/ Aqua lungs and springers,but I was looking to upgrade on a full foot( I wont be diving in COLD anytime in this life time)and was checking out the volos until I started reading here about the problems of seperation...

then I read Scuba lab rates the Oceanic Caribe and the Mares Avanti Plana Tre as the 2 best full foot fins in their 2004 test...So I start looking them up and the Caribe is only like 19.99 at leisure sports and the Tre's are 44.95...vs $60-79 for the race Volos...So I ask myself can this be real??:05: looking at $79-149 fins that were out done by a set of Cheepie $20 ???

Anyone ever used these before??:huh:

I don't get to dive warm water anymore, but I still have a pair of graphite Planas that are great.
Funny, ya don't look newish...

I'm OLD but Newish to the deep water,,,,,just thought as in anything else, price might have some correlation to performance or is it like hunting, the equipment is to snag hunters not necessarily the game....

a snip or two and we're all NEWISH

I know someone who wears Tres and swears by them. But I don't think you could go wrong with either the Caribes or the Tres. The Caribes look sexier though.:14:

I wear Dacor Cordaflex Longblades, but I think they've been phased out already. Too bad, they're really great fins and mine's starting to get really worn.

marku:
I know someone who wears Tres and swears by them. But I don't think you could go wrong with either the Caribes or the Tres. The Caribes look sexier though.:14:

I wear Dacor Cordaflex Longblades, but I think they've been phased out already. Too bad, they're really great fins and mine's starting to get really worn.

I've ordered the tre's and Caribes
since they were only $20, I thougght they'd be a good backup

At first I thought it said Jewish Diver....
FWIW, I had heard the same thing about the Volos but I then heard they had fixed the manufacturing problem. DOn't know if this helps...

I can buy both the caribe and the tre's for the same$$$as the volos and if scubalab says they outperform the volos, then I decided what the hey might as well spend the same $$$$!

billeelou:
I can buy both the caribe and the tre's for the same$$$as the volos and if scubalab says they outperform the volos, then I decided what the hey might as well spend the same $$$$!

Yeah, but unless you are some sort of mutant freak, you can only wear one pair at a time.

(This post is not intended to insult either mutants or freaks, only mutant freaks, who, everyone knows, are just out of control.)

Thats why there is an EBAY, sometimes I can sell them USED for more than I pay new...Example just sold a DACOR reg. non-working ( no scuba shop in far west Texas that'll touch em) for $94.50 plus 17.50 shipping and I was given it... A pair of scubpros twin jets full foot new is 43.50 at divepros online FREE shipping, just sold mine for $35.00 plus 15$ shipping ( mny cost shipping is 8.40) cost me a buck ten cents to try em out....Mutantfreaks can't use both either, too much pull to one side!!!

Newish divers can use four fins. They tend to use their hands a lot. (Put some fins on their hands and it might cure them of that.)

Out-of-control Mutant Freaks have perfect DIR-like trim.

(How's that for a 200th post?)

Back
Top Bottom