Newburyport MA shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Billusmaxis

Registered
Reaction score
Im going to be in Newburyport for the next few days an i was wondering if anyone had some good shore dive spots that i can go and see some good wildlife. thanks

Im going to be in Newburyport for the next few days an i was wondering if anyone had some good shore dive spots that i can go and see some good wildlife. thanks

Lots of sand around Newburyport. I don't know of any good spots there.

20 miles south is Cape Ann and a whole bunch of nice shore dives in rocky areas.

Here's a nice map of Cape Ann shore dives with excellent descriptions:

http://www.capeanndivers.com/findadivesite.htm

It shouldn't be too hard to find a buddy on this forum.

Enjoy!

Dave C

I live in Salisbury, Ma, just across the river from NBPT, and yes, there is nothing but sand from the shore. I've dove off of Plum Island (from a boat) and the sand goes way out. There are nice dive spots, but they are only accessible by boat.

Cape Ann (Gloucester/Rockport) are about 30 min away where there is great shore diving!

You need to go to Nubble Light, in York Maine. It’s only a few miles up route 95 from Newburyport. Great shore dive, good parking, bathrooms and restaurants on sight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom